Interesting guitar wiring options

seers

Evening all! I have a custom built guitar which i got a while back, and it uses those fancy pants mojo dual gold foil humbucking pickups. They have the capability to be coil split, which is what i want to do. But theres a catch, the guitar uses a potentiometer to select pickups, so you get anywhere in the range between those two with a nice centre detent. I was informed that its not possible to split the pickups in this configuation, and that id have to add a conventional switch; which i dont want to do. Is there a way that i can utilise push pull pots to split those coils for me and retain the selection pot too? Thanks in advance :)

You could maybe modify your pickup switch to split them in in between positions. Can I see the guitar?

Sorry for super compressed photo. Ive never had it apart, so i technically dont know how its already wired. Im intending on taking a look when i do the next string change and potentially ordering pots if i need to/can

Attachments

• IMG_0842[1062].jpg
    IMG_0842[1062].jpg
    218.5 KB · Views: 12
Not sure what value the blend pot is or if this would work without changing the wiring, but bourns makes center detent push pull pots https://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/Bourns/PDB183-S220P-104B0?qs=FhnmAm7CcWQHJLrVyfXYzw==
I know its currently got cts pots, dont know the values though. I *think* its just a case of grounding a coil on each pickup via two wires. Im digging these alpha pots from bandai, i guess i just open it, grab some push pulls with the same values and start soldering stuff together? I dont think i can hurt anything by doing that can i?

Back