International Shipping Delays

Hey, I've been waiting a month now, not sure if that's the standard atm, but my 2 packages are stuck in what looks like Miami and haven't moved.

Hey, I've been waiting a month now, not sure if that's the standard atm, but my 2 packages are stuck in what looks like Miami and haven't moved.

Welcome to the club. Honestly, at this point, I've given up on the 3 pcbs I ordered. I'm building a lot of other pedals on stripboard anyway. They'll arrive if they arrive. In any case it shows that it's risky business ordering from the US in these days of pandemic.

You'll need to tell USPS you've got Scottish ancestry mine took less than a month right in the middle of lockdown

The good ole USA to guid auld Scotland

Nae bother! (No problem! for those of you that don't talk the talk)

I feel like I got lucky, mine shipped (to the U.K.) August 2nd and apparently my local post office has had it pending a customs charge since the 13th (though they didn’t tell me that until today).

hopefully I should have them in hand by the end of the week now I’ve paid the fee

I'll be adding UPS as a shipping option this week.... It's a bit more expensive but shipments are arriving within a few days.

That’d be cool...probably get dinged brokerage fees for going over the border up here but it may still be worth it. I’ll just have to do bigger orders haha.

It’s hard for me to not try and give every red cent I have towards USPS right now tho!

Welcome to the club. Honestly, at this point, I've given up on the 3 pcbs I ordered. I'm building a lot of other pedals on stripboard anyway. They'll arrive if they arrive. In any case it shows that it's risky business ordering from the US in these days of pandemic.
Yea i'm in Australia. Seems like just about everything to do with standard shipping has just about halted. I've bought everything else, enclosures, parts etc just waiting on the pcbs to build these 4 pedals. Argh, frustrating waiting.

I'll be adding UPS as a shipping option this week.... It's a bit more expensive but shipments are arriving within a few days.

UPS will be awesome, DHL, Toll would be other quicker methods too.
For future pcbs i'll go any of em for sure. I'm to impatient to wait months.

We should have DHL set up by the end of the week.

What does this mean?

3 - 4 day worldwide delivery for $10 - $15 for most weights. :D

That’s awesome even with the extra brokerage charge. Oh woe is me I will have to make bigger orders to justify it! :geek:

Is it worse than USPS? I've heard of it before, but never had to pay any extra fees on DHL shipments coming in to the USA.

In Canada, it's pretty brutal.
I only have experienced DHL with my Tayda orders, but last one was 27 $ CAD brokerage fee on a 69 $ CAD order...
Serves me for coming up with new projects and wanting parts fast ;)

Is it worse than USPS? I've heard of it before, but never had to pay any extra fees on DHL shipments coming in to the USA.

Ive only ever been charged extra duty by USPS once because I ordered around 100usd worth of stuff. Any expedited DHL delivery I get has another 20-30 dollar bill tacked on. This is usually from Tayda, so that could be because it’s crossing so many countries...I’ll just have to see what happens as far as coming from the states.

In Canada, it's pretty brutal.
I only have experienced DHL with my Tayda orders, but last one was 27 $ CAD brokerage fee on a 69 $ CAD order...
Serves me for coming up with new projects and wanting parts fast ;)

Brutal is the word!

I don't mind paying 12$ for delivery but DHL duties fees in Canada are around +30% on Tayda's orders.

:(

Yeah I had many brutal fees from tayda ever since using dhl. I asked them when standard shipping will be back and they don't know ... They did tell me to put a note on my next order asking them to put it as a sample and a lower value :p

Awesome, tempted to reorder everything I'm waiting on again.. Some of it is now in Australia, stuck in Sydney.. No idea what it's doing there but meh, probably sitting in customs / quarantine for 2 more weeks. Anything has to be better then USPS atm.

Not sure if this really concerns „international shipping delays“ but have the newer pcbs (like duocast) been shipped to Musikding in Germany, yet? Would really love to build those newer ones...

I know this thread specifically is about international shipping but even here in the US there are some serious delays. I'm in Kansas City. A buddy who works at the Post Office said they got rid of a couple sorters that are used for when things get busier. So, when they have a lot of deliveries it causes a serious backlog. Same thing is happening in other cities. I'll be using UPS for the time being until things go back to normal.

Got 1 of 2 packages today, was shipped on the 14th of July, today being the 3rd of Sep. The other one that was shipped a day earlier is still in Miami.

Back