Is there anything available showing traces (a la MadBean) for pedalpcb boards?

Hey guys, I absolutely love the huge amount and types of different circuits here on PedalPcb. I also love the neat, streamlined design & layouts for all the projects here!
Unfortunately though I haven’t had much success getting my pedalpcb builds working. Several (5-6 maybe) over the years never got em working. Which is strange since I’ve always used the footswitch breakout boards which you would think would reduce possible mistakes.

-One of the things that’s always been immensely helpful to me is the way MadBean includes diagramed layouts showing exactly the power and signal traces for the top & bottom sides of their PCB’s. Makes test/troubleshooting a breeze!
It seems that perhaps part of the reason the folks here are able to offer such a large & diverse range of different fx PCB’s is because they keep the size & depth of their build/support documentation short with only the absolute essentials. Leaving the choices and decisions up to the individual builder’s, Assuming buyers will have a certain amount of knowledge & experience..

Most of the build docs contain the schematic. You should be able to work out where the power goes from the schematic with the board in front of you. If you can't then it is worth taking the time to learn how to read the schematic well enough to do that.

Assuming buyers will have a certain amount of knowledge & experience..

This is true to some degree. The individual docs here will likely never have pages of circuit explanations, electronic theory, and paragraphs where I ramble on about the first time my buddy Joe brought one of these pedals to band practice.

However, if you need trace images (or a schematic that isn't posted yet) just shoot me a PM.

This is true to some degree. The individual docs here will likely never have pages of circuit explanations, electronic theory, and paragraphs where I ramble on about the first time my buddy Joe brought one of these pedals to band practice.

However, if you need trace images (or a schematic that isn't posted yet) just shoot me a PM.
Hey, this is a REALLY late response (I’ve found that my postings sometimes go unanswered here). However, after just now discovering your response I wanted to express my appreciation.

This hobby began when I took a trip to my local (giant corporate instrument chain) *center* to have an on-board preamp installed in my bass. Then leaving in disgust after receiving an outrageous estimate, then laughed at & treated like I was a foolish misbehaving child when I suggested that I might take a crack at it myself. “You’ll be back, and We’ll have to charge you to undo everything you’ve screwed up”..
I hooked it up that afternoon with a 10$ radio shack iron I bought and I’ve never looked back!! :p

This hobby has grown far beyond anything I could’ve imagined. Starting with absolute zero electronics experience, knowledge, or interest & on my own. I’ve now built dozens of pedals, have a big stash of components and tools and love doing it. And it’s only possible because of kind, knowledgeable, unselfish folks on these forums. People like Paul C. giving me his personal number then spending 40 minutes with me on the phone asking nothing in return.. And of course people like you!! So Thanks! (y)

Hey, this is a REALLY late response (I’ve found that my postings sometimes go unanswered here). However, after just now discovering your response I wanted to express my appreciation.

This hobby began when I took a trip to my local (giant corporate instrument chain) *center* to have an on-board preamp installed in my bass. Then leaving in disgust after receiving an outrageous estimate, then laughed at & treated like I was a foolish misbehaving child when I suggested that I might take a crack at it myself. “You’ll be back, and We’ll have to charge you to undo everything you’ve screwed up”..
I hooked it up that afternoon with a 10$ radio shack iron I bought and I’ve never looked back!! :p

This hobby has grown far beyond anything I could’ve imagined. Starting with absolute zero electronics experience, knowledge, or interest & on my own. I’ve now built dozens of pedals, have a big stash of components and tools and love doing it. And it’s only possible because of kind, knowledgeable, unselfish folks on these forums. People like Paul C. giving me his personal number then spending 40 minutes with me on the phone asking nothing in return.. And of course people like you!! So Thanks! (y)
Great story man, it sucks they treated you so poorly. My story isn’t the same, but similar. I needed a compressor, and a good one costs upward of 300.00, I thought there had to be a better way. Built my first compressor pedal and never looked back. That was 10 years ago.

Back