It's Boosterday!?!? Triangulum Boost and another Mercurial Boost

peccary

A few weeks ago my cousin asked me if I could make a pedal for him (bass) and one of his bandmates (guitar). I made him a Mercurial Boost and his friend a Triangulum Boost.

The logo is their band logo and one of the people in the band made it. I feel pretty stoked for how the decals came out on these. The one on the Mercurial is probably the best I've done so far - I am having a hard time finding any flaws in it, so I feel good about these.

I wish that I had an electric guitar to get a better sense of the Triangulum Boost. It doesn't appear to be voiced well for bass, but putting it in front of the Mercurial made for some pretty gnarly feedback sounds. I think that if it were me I'd just wire it to come on full tilt and omit the knob entirely, but maybe there is more to it with guitar.

And I can't say enough good things about the Mercurial boost. I think that everyone should have one.

Full Frontal:

front.jpg

Gut shot - if you noticed the missing transistor, you're better at visual inspection than I am! Good thing it was a quick and easy fix:

guuuts.jpg

Lights:

lights.jpg

Nice builds, Peccary-
Your knob-hatches are great and those black switches are really something else!

Is there anywhere we might be able to find recordings of "TRENCH GHOUL?"
I did a quick google search but all I'm finding are hauntings and WWI stuff..

Nice builds, Peccary-
Your knob-hatches are great and those black switches are really something else!

Is there anywhere we might be able to find recordings of "TRENCH GHOUL?"
I did a quick google search but all I'm finding are hauntings and WWI stuff..

I think it might be a new thing. He just opened a machine shop with the guitar player and I think it's just getting going. He's in Tucson, and was in a band called Why Bother that you'd likely be able to find online. He's playing bass in these bands but is normally a guitarist and is really good. He just loves playing and I think plays bass so that he can play live as much as possible.

Edit to add: if by knob hatches you mean the little hashes that go around the pot, then all credit goes to @dmnCrawler for sharing his artwork. I typed the text, but it's his artwork around both potentiometers.

Last edited:
They've gotta be chuffed to have matching pedals. Careful, you may have to match the rest of their boards!

I've gotta get some of those black switches! At BLMS?

The labels on these look amazing. I love that everything's either black or green, including the stomp switch and LED.

Is the paint color a common powder coat option anywhere?
(Is that “Lawn Green” from Tayda?)

The labels on these look amazing. I love that everything's either black or green, including the stomp switch and LED.

Is the paint color a common powder coat option anywhere?
(Is that “Lawn Green” from Tayda?)

Thanks man!

I'm pretty sure it's lawn green. It's definitely from Tayda. It's a good color for sure.

Back