Kliché Mini Special Edition

KindCanuck

Build Rating
5.00 star(s)
I had previously built a standard Kliché mini but it just felt bland, nothing appealing enough to knock my Tumnus off my board. The Kliché Special Edition is the klone I needed! When I saw the mock-up, I knew I wanted to build it. Look at those pots tastefully arrayed in a nonstandard arrangement, the choice of LED placement!

I started buying parts before I even ordered the board, some mini Davies ox blood knobs, Tayda champagne metallic enclosure(halfway between gold and silver). Then my favourite parts, the Mullard OA10 germanium diodes from smallbear. I swiped the champagne case from my Sandspur build and drilled it out, then I waited for the board to arrive. There must be a few versions of the board out there because I saw one with 9mm pots, thankfully Tayda parts are cheap so I had bought both sizes just in case.

Everything went together perfectly (surprising since I was in the hospital for flu symptoms earlier in the week!), though I didn’t have the 560ohm resistors, so I got creative with some values I don’t use often.

I’m really happy with the growl of this pedal. In fact so happy about the result that I sold my Tumnus after playing it once. Not much else to say, it’s just my latest favourite pedal!
5F5A38F1-2E1E-4631-83AF-3DC8EB37E492.jpeg
4579F833-5FFC-4C29-A001-CA2EEE57EE9A.jpeg
C8CA3B97-B273-4E50-A4E9-F3E75306014B.jpeg
A9CB2CD3-BB37-4079-BB5F-0F95E5B20663.jpeg

This looks good. I like the oxblood knobs with the silver enclosure. So I guess the newer version of this board switch to regular 16mm pcb mounted pots? I'm about to order one myself.

So the difference between the mini and the mini special edition is just about the layout placement? circuit is the exact same?
Why the build doc still not available for the special edition?
The pots placement on the special mini pcb picture doesnt fit the same position as the actual pedal picture in the second photo....

Last edited:
How did I never see that there was a kliche mini not special edition? Thanks for bumping this thread and putting that on my radar

Great, now anyone know if the mini and special mini are the exact same circuit?
I wanted to buy one but there is no build doc or schematic for the special mini so i can't compare, and i'm not even sure which one is the newest.

Great, now anyone know if the mini and special mini are the exact same circuit?
I wanted to buy one but there is no build doc or schematic for the special mini so i can't compare, and i'm not even sure which one is the newest.
They are the exact same circuit, just a different layout.

This looks good. I like the oxblood knobs with the silver enclosure. So I guess the newer version of this board switch to regular 16mm pcb mounted pots? I'm about to order one myself.
Hope you did. It’s a nice change. I’ve made a couple. Offset guitars and now an offset klone. I’m just an offset kinda guy haha.

DAYYYUM! The tasty array of pots is fantastic! I dig how they’re laid out. I literally sat there for 90+ seconds trying to figure out how they were arranged, looking at the first pic of the guts of the pedal.lmao I couldn’t figure out how the pots were positioned at first.lol great build! A good Klone can do wonders to a pedalboard!!

I've got a blue breaker, a pro 10 blue, and a pauper all partially assembled on my workbench. I need 3pdt switches and some 1/4" jacks to finish them up.

I had a Snouse BB2 that I ended up selling. I signed up for the waiting list on a lark and when my name came up I wasn't really that excited, but bought one anyway. It didn't have the external switches. I ended up selling it a little less than a year later, listing it on reverb for just enough after fees that I got my money back. I hate reverb/ebay scalpers or whatever you wanna call them.

Back