Kliché Overdrive

love building these.... I think this is the first time I’ve actually used 1N34A’s in one...
Nice looking pedal and clean work! Is this anything like the Rockett Archer silver? I have one and would like to build a clone of it. Also, are the 1N34A diodes the recommended diodes to use? Thanks!

Last edited:
Nice looking pedal and clean work! Is this anything like the Rockett Archer silver? I have one and would like to build a clone of it. Also, are the 1N34A diodes the recommended diodes to use? Thanks!
Yeah the 1n34a are the original diodes... I always used D9Es or D9Bs or OA7s...
Yeah the archer is based on the Klon...Not sure where they part ways circuit wise I’m sure somebody can chime in on that...
apparently
“When Bill Finnegan at Klon decided to create the successor to the legendary Centaur, the Klon KTR, he sought none other than J.Rockett to bring it to life.”

Yeah the 1n34a are the original diodes... I always used D9Es or D9Bs or OA7s...
Yeah the archer is based on the Klon...Not sure where they part ways circuit wise I’m sure somebody can chime in on that...
apparently
“When Bill Finnegan at Klon decided to create the successor to the legendary Centaur, the Klon KTR, he sought none other than J.Rockett to bring it to life.”
Cool man! So out of all those diode combos you’ve used the 1n34A sounds best to you? Thanks again! ??

I built one of these with a kit from Ceriatone for a friend - he gave me the kit and asked me to build it for him! It was ok but this is much nicer. And I don't think the Ceriatone sounded any better than the Kliché Mini I built from a PedalPCB PCB.

Really clean work. From one anally retentive builder to another. :cool:

I built one of these with a kit from Ceriatone for a friend - he gave me the kit and asked me to build it for him! It was ok but this is much nicer. And I don't think the Ceriatone sounded any better than the Kliché Mini I built from a PedalPCB PCB.

Really clean work. From one anally retentive builder to another. :cool:
Thanks man...

Back