Kliche high gain overdrive SOLVED!!!

First Kliche build. Works well but I find the overdrive to be a bit more high gain at lower volumes and gains settings than I anticipated. Granted, I’ve never owned a Klon but I assumed that I would have to push it a bit harder for the diodes to start clipping. The overdrive is very pleasing but was not expecting it to get there so quick. Is this what I am to expect from this Kliche? I built it with no mods. Right down to the suggested clipping diodes. Thanks. Would love some thoughts.

First Kliche build. Works well but I find the overdrive to be a bit more high gain at lower volumes and gains settings than I anticipated. Granted, I’ve never owned a Klon but I assumed that I would have to push it a bit harder for the diodes to start clipping. The overdrive is very pleasing but was not expecting it to get there so quick. Is this what I am to expect from this Kliche? I built it with no mods. Right down to the suggested clipping diodes. Thanks. Would love some thoughts.
You need to show clear Pictures showing component side & solder side of PCB.
It may be as simple as a wrong Resistor value or a stray bit of solder.
The circuit is not high gain & most use it as a clean boost.

How are you dialling in the knobs? The klon is a hard clipper so with the gain pot at 1 to 2 o’clock that sound is expected. The klon as a clean boost tends to have the gain knob from 7 o’clock to 10 o’clock.

What diodes did you use?

The kliche I built has a crazy amount of headroom compared to a previous klone that I had built. I have the output knob much lower as a result.

The kliche I built has a crazy amount of headroom compared to a previous klone that I had built. I have the output knob much lower as a result.

Hi Jamie, is it possible that on the first build you used an audio taper pot for the output and on the second build a linear taper?

Hi Jamie, is it possible that on the first build you used an audio taper pot for the output and on the second build a linear taper?
It’s impossible to say as the first klone I built was the first pedal I built years ago. I was in the building by numbers stage at that point so had very little awareness and I wouldn’t be able to remember anyway. I assume not because it was a kit.

Like @music6000 said, it could be one wrong part that is effecting the sound.

Back