SOLVED Kliche Mini not working :(

piapium

I have a dim light when turned off. Gain working but tone-volume not working. When turning on there is a loud click noise. Really sad about it. Please help.

40EB27B9-1A1C-46D1-8AE0-8341A660DE3C.jpeg 288CCF04-746C-409A-AAEB-86B3EE2F4AFA.jpeg

Do you have that breakout board connected directly to the Kliche PCB pin-for-pin?

If so that's the issue. The Kliche and Kliche Mini use a different wiring scheme from all of the true-bypass pedals.

It has to be wired up as shown in the build docs.

That breakout board is for true-bypass. Technically you can use it, but you'd be better off wiring up the switch without it.
See page 4 of the build docs.

If you really want to use the breakout board (and lose the buffered bypass) you can do this:

Input Jack > Pad 1 of Breakout Board
Kliche In pad > Pad 2 of Breakout Board
Kliche Pad 5 > Pad 3 of Breakout Board
Kliche Pad 6 > Pad 4 of Breakout Board
Kliche Pad 3 > Pad 5 of Breakout Board
Output Jack > Pad 6 of Breakout Board

You'll also probably want to install a jumper across (or in the place of) R28 if you do this.

Thanks for the heads up, I desoldered the breakout board. The led issue is solved but I found out that my volume and tone pots are dropped dead. I ordered 2 more to finish the build. I hope it sounds great.

Thanks for the heads up, I desoldered the breakout board. The led issue is solved but I found out that my volume and tone pots are dropped dead. I ordered 2 more to finish the build. I hope it sounds great.
With the suspect Pots disconnected from the Circuit, If you use a DMM set to Ω & measure across Legs 1 & 3 of you Potentiometers, It should give you the Value of your Pots around 10K.
Because they are Linear taper, If you adjust the knob to 1/2 way (50%) you should have around 5K between Leg 1&2, around 5K with between Legs 2&3. If you are not getting any readings, then you Pots are Dead!

With the suspect Pots disconnected from the Circuit, If you use a DMM set to Ω & measure across Legs 1 & 3 of you Potentiometers, It should give you the Value of your Pots around 10K.
Because they are Linear taper, If you adjust the knob to 1/2 way (50%) you should have around 5K between Leg 1&2, around 5K with between Legs 2&3. If you are not getting any readings, then you Pots are Dead!
They are dead ?

Well something good came out of this for me. I’ve got the Kliche Mini on deck and I had no idea about the breakout board not working. I probably would have missed that as well so thanks

Also check the wiring for the volume pot. That middle wire (red) looks like it got melted and a chunk of it’s laying on the yellow wire next to it. I’ve learned to save a thousand poroblems by using PCB mounted pots and stopped wiring them unless I absolutely have to for some reason.

Good luck! It’s a great pedal. I’ve built several of them now and sound great!

Also check the wiring for the volume pot. That middle wire (red) looks like it got melted and a chunk of it’s laying on the yellow wire next to it. I’ve learned to save a thousand poroblems by using PCB mounted pots and stopped wiring them unless I absolutely have to for some reason.

Good luck! It’s a great pedal. I’ve built several of them now and sound great!
My volume and treble pots were dead. I ordered some and still waiting for them. I’ll desolder those cables and redo them. I couldn’t use pcb mounted because I prepared a 1590bb for this build. I really wonder how it sounds and haven’t played a klon ever. Thanks for your support and help. I’ll update when pots arrive.

Back