Kliche Mini - Very Loud Output

I have a Kliche Mini (most recent revision with the 1/4W resistors) built but I am getting very loud volume output. With the treble and gain knobs set to about half way, unity volume with an amp is with the pedal’s volume knob at about 15%. This is my first experience with a Klon, so maybe this is just the nature of the circuit.

I’m attempting to make a dual pedal in a 1590BB which is why there are a few unsoldered wires hanging about.

I’m not sure if you can make out the IC’s from the photo, but from top to bottom I have:

IC3 - TC1044S
IC2 - TL072CP
IC1 - TL072CP

I double checked the pots and I have the correct
B10K at Volume and Treble, and a dual gang B100K at Gain.

Let me know if any other information is needed.

Thanks!
1656812109537.jpeg

Ya, I did sub those resistors due to Tayda not having the original values (or maybe I messed up my cart when compiling all of the components).

Sounds like it’s just user error. I still love the sound of the pedal, just wanted to be certain I didn’t make a careless mistake.

Thanks again!

I always use A10k instead of B10k for volume in a Klon for that reason. You should try it :)
I was wondering if it was possible to simply swap out an audio pot for a logarithmic pot and vice versa as desired. I’m really curious about this idea. Do you leave your Gain knob as a B10K?

Back