Kliche mods...

KevTom23

Hi all.

I have a Kliche board waiting to be built and was wondering about modifications to the standard build guide. I built a standard one last year, but within an hour of finishing it, my daughter persuaded me to let her give it to her boyfriend as a Christmas present. He's a good bloke and he loves the pedal, so...

Anyway...

I read somewhere that the functions of the dual gang gain pot can be split, giving separate gain and dry/wet blend controls.

This is something that I'd want to do this time 'round, but it sounds too simple and too good to be true.

Any advice?

I haven’t build the pedalpcb board so I don’t know off hand. If you have a multimeter with continuity (beep) tester, you can figure out by seeing which pads connect to where once you get the pcb. Or maybe you can see where the traces connect visually.

Try this link. They list a few mods to try which look helpful.
This is cool. I might try the c15 to 6.8n mod on mine. Although I feel like the lack of bass is part of what makes the klone so different from all the other drive pedals. But, still going to try it and see how it sounds. Thanks for the info. C0da always has good info on his site.

I have one that I did this exact mod to, along with replacement of the 1u electrolytic coupling caps with film and an opa2134 in the summing section, It sounds great, slight more lows, tone pot is less honkey (but I like the honk), and there is a little more high frequency definition when the gain pot is off or low.

I enjoy the regular ole Klon circuit as is the most. I use it with high gain amps, and the original circuit rips in a way other OD's and boosts just don't.

Put a socket there and try it. It's a slightly different flavor of manhorse.

Hello, I'm reviving this thread for a couple of questions/clarifications.

I am building the Effects Layouts Kentauride, which is a Klon and TS10 in one PCB. Looking at the schematic, am I correct that the C15 mod (increasing it from 3.9n to 6.8n) mentioned above would be C24 on the Kentauride? (screen shot included)

And, to split the dual pot into 2 pot single ones to get separate gain and clean controls, would I use 2 B100k pots going opposite ways in the pads where the dual pot goes?

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-04-07 at 11.49.28 AM.png
    Screenshot 2023-04-07 at 11.49.28 AM.png
    623.2 KB · Views: 16
Ok thank you. Which is the A row of pins on a dual gang pot, the outer or inner row or in terms of the PCB, the upper or lower? (screen shot of PCB included)

As far as how to technically how to do the pot wiring for Gain A, would you use a pot with PCB pins and snip off the outer pins, and use leads/wires to connect to the opposite pads? Or use a solder lug pot?

Attachments

• kentauride.jpg copy.jpg
    kentauride.jpg copy.jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 11
Back