kliche with crackley bypass

swelchy

Built a kliche yesterday and everything appears to be great.. soldering look decent and my wiring was clean... in bypass its crackly and very weak... turn the pedal on and its sounds normal? where to start? I looked all around for straggle strands and bridges... opamp possibly since it's a buffered thing?

Since its a buffered out I would start with that R31, R1, C1, Pin 1 of IC 1.1 ( would be a good place to probe),C3, R3, R4, S1, R28,S2,R29, and R30 to out.

Feeling quite defeated… actually have had 4 builds this week turn out to be duds.. Didn’t complete a working project this weekend while I had time off.. my troubleshooting skills are zero… I complete a build and it works or it just get thrown in a pile of what the hell happened.

Not posting pictures or any useful information won't help. Maybe it's some common issue with all your builds in the end, but please post pictures and ideally also IC voltage measurements

Soon….. I replied earlier I posted hastily and didn’t have a chance to do a proper troubleshoot pic of the pcb.. maybe tonight. I’m a fairly frequent build report person and my builds are pretty clean.. I measure all my stuff and populate/solder one component at a time too… That’s why it kills me when I have one that doesn’t work…

Back