Kliche

Pedal2222

Today I finished my second PedalPCB project, the kliche (Klon Centaur Clone). I'm very happy with the result. I mainly used capacitors that also found in the original klon centaur. Unfortunaltely I found no panasonic smf or ecq 820pF (821) cap. Does anyone know here where I can get one? 11.jpg 22.jpg 4.jpg

Last edited:
Interested on the method you use for the SIP sockets. I see you punch out the ones not needed to keep it all together, whats the method for punching some out?

what are you using for the 100n caps, and where from? those are nice and tidy. and the blue elecrolytics?

Beautiful. How did you decide which parts to socket?
All resistors and caps that used for the "silver pony mod" are in sockets. The extra 1M resistor (pulldown resistor) not exist in the original circuit. Here is also a socket. This one in combination with the bias resistor 1M (Vref) in parallel will give a input impedance of 500K, that's wrong. To make shure that the impendance stays 1M, use two 2M resistors here. That's what Bill Finnigan also does in the KTR version.

Last edited:
what are you using for the 100n caps, and where from? those are nice and tidy. and the blue elecrolytics?
I used panasonic smf and ecq capacitors, the elko's are also from panasonic, those are used in the original klon centaur. The 1uF caps are from WIMA, that because the panasonic 1uF caps are to big for this pcb.

Last edited:
wow that's beautiful! would love to see a post on how you get everything so neat... even your solder joints are perfect. What pub cleaner do you use?

Looks like that is mostly IPA and ethanol. The spray delivery system has to be very helpful in getting to those spots a brush can't reach.

Back