Knife suggestions

What is your budget, your dominant hand, and do you know if you prefer German or Japanese knives? German knives are symmetrical and will work for lefties or righties, Japanese are for right handed unless specifically stated. German knives are a little heavier and the two have different centers of gravity. Ex professional cook here.

Misono's Molybdenum line is my usual go to suggestion for people who might be overwhelmed by the above. I forget if it's a gyuto or santoku from that line ($80-$120) that been one of my workhorse knifes for 10 years now (been a while since I could spend hours pouring over knife catalogues). 440 line is better if the price isn't a big pill to swallow.

Care and maintenance requires a whetstone ($20-$25 find a double sided one). Knife sleeve is a must if it's going in a drawer with other stuff.

Last edited:
Knives will always get dull with use. Gotta learn to sharpen them or have someone sharpen them. Getting a good steel will help keep them maintained (I love my ceramic one).

I have a bunch of somewhat expensive knives at home but my favorite, the one I always reach for, is a nakiri style I bought from Daiso for $3.

Reactions: fig
Well well me wee Droogies, I messel Knives are best served with the old miloko…
MV5BMjE0NTk2NDkzNl5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMzE4NzMyNQ@@._V1_.jpg

Reactions: fig
Back