Kung Fu Chicken aka Magnetron Delay

jjjimi84

Here is the Kung Fu Chicken, it is a Magnetron Delay with a slam switch that sends the delay into oscillation.

Pedal was built on December 6th 2018 and finally painted on February 29th of this year, only took me three months to post....

Nice.

3Yhl2xf.jpg

2QPbUY7.jpg

whoa - can you tell us more about this slam switch!? love my magnetron delay, this sounds like a sweet mod. any chance you have a sound clip of that effect?

nice looking build, that clucker's ready for action!

Reactions: fig
Hand-did artwork is the best! I think I see what you did inside. The SLAM switch kicks the feedback up by an amount set by the added trimpot. The SLAM switch is momentary, right?

Reactions: fig
Hand-did artwork is the best! I think I see what you did inside. The SLAM switch kicks the feedback up by an amount set by the added trimpot. The SLAM switch is momentary, right?

Yep! That is correct, the slam switch is a momentary foot switch that when pressed sends the pedal into oscillation. The trimpot controls the speed at which it gets to self oscillation.

Thank you for the kind words, I wish I could do the computer graphic thing but I get frustrated and hand painting has become quite calming for me.

I think I made a demo of this somewhere... Sounds like bad wedding music but you can hear the notes rise in and start to feedback.

Last edited:
All you do is wire a momentary switch to lugs two and three of the feedback switch. When depressed it will be the knob setting and when stepped on it goes balls out. You can add trimmers or pots to control the speed of it if you want to get crazy.
what kind of momentary switch should i use?

Back