LCR-T4

slacjs

I'm looking to match some jfets for the upcoming phase90 and I'm wondering if anyone has any experience using the "lcr-t4" tester to do this. It looks like it can measure a lot of things which would be nice as my multimeter doesn't measure capacitance, but if it's not going to work for jfets I don't see much point in getting one.

Thanks.

Google "jfet matcher". 10 components maximum. T4 is not the best choice for jfets.
Thanks for your reply. I was looking into the t4 because I was going to use SMD and it seems a lot easier to set up. Would you say it's good enough or is it not going to give good results?

Thanks.

edit: are there any good alternative "all-in-ones" that I could look at?

Last edited:
I know that SMD test pads are tempting but T4 often recognize jfets as bjt transistors. This issue has been discussed here and there many times. Good alternative - Peak LCR meters. Much more expensive. That's why I suggested diy matcher.

I'm looking to match some jfets for the upcoming phase90 and I'm wondering if anyone has any experience using the "lcr-t4" tester to do this. It looks like it can measure a lot of things which would be nice as my multimeter doesn't measure capacitance, but if it's not going to work for jfets I don't see much point in getting one.

Thanks.

I'm returning a T7 component tester which died yesterday. It lasted less than 4 weeks. I was testing hfe on some transistors last night and it just turned off and wouldn't come back on again. I've requested a refund and won't be taking a replacement.

Thanks for your reply. I was looking into the t4 because I was going to use SMD and it seems a lot easier to set up. Would you say it's good enough or is it not going to give good results?

Thanks.

edit: are there any good alternative "all-in-ones" that I could look at?

DCA75

R.G. Keen - per RullyWow.

I use both, and I was skeptical of the RW until I ran it through the wringer here

I ordered one of those (LCRT4), powered it up to test it and without some sort of case to protect it, I managed to brick it before I could use it.

I'll probably go the rullywow loop with an smd adaptor board. Thanks all for your input and help.

Back