LED/LDR Question for optical trems & compressors

Kroars

Hello all,

Ive got a couple questions regarding the LED’s that pair up with LDR’s in these circuits.

1. Is diffused better than water clear? Does it depend on the circuit?

2. Is there a difference between 3mm & 5mm? I find that when I build a Vactrol it’s a better fit (for me anyway) using a 5mm in conjunction with the LDR in the shrink tubing as they’re closer in diameter than the 3mm’s.

Thanks!

I wondered the same thing about the diffused and clear before, honestly there is no right answer. Some people prefer the diffused and some the water clear. Then there is always the discussion of which color. What it really boils down to is your own preference. I personally prefer the the yellow diffused LED's. I have tried others, these just seem to work the best. For the size go with the 5mm, as you stated they fit the best.

I wondered the same thing about the diffused and clear before, honestly there is no right answer. Some people prefer the diffused and some the water clear. Then there is always the discussion of which color. What it really boils down to is your own preference. I personally prefer the the yellow diffused LED's. I have tried others, these just seem to work the best. For the size go with the 5mm, as you stated they fit the best.
Thank you good sir!

Back