Leprechaun (eqd rainbow machine) pops when engaged

calmccrimmon

Hey guys,

I have a leprechaun that I made a while back that works perfectly but makes a pop/ click sound when engaged. The sound seems to be coming from the input end as it shifts pitch and has a delay depending on the knob settings. I've finally had enough of it and am trying to locate the problem but there are no obvious signs. I've just reflowed all joints and checked for any loose or damaged components. Does anyone have any idea what could cause this? Or what I should check next? Here's a video of the sound its making

I should also note there is no schematic on the build doc. I've been referring to the PCB guitar mania schematic however their board layout is different which has made it quite difficult to locate specific components.

If you have a DMM check and see if there is any AC at the output Jack.
Hi Coda,

Thanks for the suggestion. I'm not 100% sure if I've done this right. But I disconnected the wire from the output jack lug and connected the DMM probes in between. Then hooked the pedal up to an amp to make sure it was still passing signal. There was no current when bypassed or activated, nor a momentary spike in current when the switch was clicked. Does that sound right?

Back