Leprechaun Questions

Hello,
I apologize of this has been covered already, but can you use a momentary switch for the magic footswitch? If so does it need a relay, I noticed an older post that used relays for the Leprechaun build.

Thanks in advance!

That seems fine as far as I know but I'm fairly low in the hierarchy of people who know stuff around here. If my memory serves me I think a dpdt momentary would work if that's all you have. I let the magic flow with my leprechaun.

I'd assume the reason for using the relay is so you can keep it magical all the time with momentary breaks.

Sure, you can use a momentary footswitch. (The "Magic" effect will be momentary, of course)

I think the post you're referring to was using an Intelligent Relay Bypass module so the footswitch could be both latching and momentary.

Thanks for the quick reply! Thats what im trying to achieve, the magic switch works only when holding the switch. I've never used a momentary switch before, is there a specific way it needs wired and would it need to be "normally open" or "normally closed?

Thanks again!

I would think that an intelligent relay is only useful for effects that have a buffered bypass or the like. The “Magic” switch is a rather simple toggle. i have a momentary switch on mine and it works just fine with no sound issues whatsoever. Intelligent relay seems like overkill for this one.

I would think that an intelligent relay is only useful for effects that have a buffered bypass or the like. The “Magic” switch is a rather simple toggle. i have a momentary switch on mine and it works just fine with no sound issues whatsoever. Intelligent relay seems like overkill for this one.
Thanks, I think that is the route I'm going to go. Thank you all for the help/advice

Back