leprechaun volume issue

thirty-three

I finished building a leprechaun yesterday, and while it sounds great-it is noticeably quieter when engaged compared to bypassed.

I'm wondering if i did something wrong, or if its expected behaviour and if so, is there anything i can do to fix that?

I don't seem to have that problem, either.

I'm going to double-check resistor values, but I don't think it was that, as I was fairly diligent about checking before soldering each one(or so I thought lol). Is it possible that I accidentally cooked one of the tl072's? if that was the case would it just not pass signal?

Its also possible(although I don't think so) that I damaged c18, but i can't tell what its doing, as afaik there is no schematic posted yet

did you socket the TL072s? If you don't have a spare to swap in to check each one, try switching them to see if it changes what you are hearing. and if you didn't socket your ICs, think about doing that on your next build just because it can simplify swapping out a bad part for a good one.

I would wait before replacing either of those chips, since the main issue seems to be the output level. that sounds much more like a resistor value than a bad IC.

I would wait before replacing either of those chips, since the main issue seems to be the output level. that sounds much more like a resistor value than a bad IC.
Youre probably right, and i really hope it is in fact just a resistor, because pulling that is gonna be a LOT easier than pulling an ic with out a socket lol.

Gonna retest all the values tonight and ill report back with what i find.

Back