• International Mail Service Disruptions
    A large number of international shipments have been disrupted by the COVID-19 pandemic. International shipments may experience longer than normal delivery times.
    Read more…

Let's See Your Amps

DGWVI

Curious to see what everyone else used to get loud.

Here's mine. Peavey Combo 115 and 4x10, and Randall Commander RG120. I got a little too loud with my guitar synths a while back and shredded the speakers I'm the Randall, so have to replace them at some point

27503154_2047698088590681_2782423202668718230_o (1).jpg

HamishR

Well like pedals, I build my own. In fact I only got into pedals when I couldn't afford to keep building amps.

Here is the interior of a '68 50W plexi clone I built a few years ago, since sold. It sounded incredible but was sooooo loud! As I tend to build them into smallish combos I used bigger PI caps than standard.

Mar1987001 copy.jpg

Last edited:

DGWVI

Well like pedals, I build my own. In fact I only got into pedals when I couldn't afford to keep building amps.

Here is the interior of a '68 50W plexi clone I built a few years ago, since sold. It sounded incredible but was sooooo loud! As I tend to build them into smallish combos I used bigger PI caps than standard.

View attachment 3618
Awesome! I've yet to build my own amp, but do have the desire to do so.

HamishR

Oh, sorry! It's a '50s Fender circuit, basically the same as a tweed Super/Bandmaster/Pro but built as a 1x12 rather than a 2x10, 3x10 or 1x15. It's based on the 5F4 Super but has a bigger power tranny so I can run KT77s, basically a beefy EL34. It's like a smaller tweed Bassman but with a little more midrange. It's a great circuit! It chimes a bit like a Vox but has a tighter low end, unlike the original tweed Super. It's clear but fat and takes pedals extremely well. I've used it in a few bands and it's a good volume to compete with most drummers but reasonably light and handy. With KT77s it's around 35W.

I don't know why but I LOVE building amps!

music6000

Based on a Fender, Fullerton 22w Toroidal by Darryl Hoy @ VALVETONE, Cabinet by EB Amps.
2 - 6L6GC, 2 - 12AX7.
Toggle switch for Gain, None & Mid Boost
Toggle for Bright
Toggle for Deep
2 way passive Footswitch for Mid Boost, Gain or Both
Meticulously Handwired Tagboard Design!
Built in Hammond Enclosure. 8 & 16 ohm.

Simple & Awesome!!!
Valvetone - EB Custom Amp 3.jpg
Valvetone - EB Custom Amp 1.jpg
Valvetone - EB Custom Amp 2.jpg

Last edited:
After searching for a Fender Deluxe for a while, I found this Music Man 210 Sixty-Five on craigslist for a good price. Weighs a ton, love the "high" and "low" power setting, and the "Music Men" rocking out on the label are hilarious. Music Man amps have an interesting history, too, check it out.

I'd love to build a slick 5W tube amp for bedroom/home purposes. If anyone has any recommendations on designs/parts/etc, that'd be incredible. Haven't really found any kits that draw me in, would rather find a schematic and go from there. Any recommendations?

musicman210sixtyfive.jpg

Fuzzonaut

Practice Room, wet - dry/sub - wet setup (for real strings, aka BASS):
Musicman HD 130 with Ampeg Isovent, Sunn 200S with Acoustic 301, DIY Sunn 200s replica with Musicman 1x15RH and EV B115M.
amps.jpg

The DIY 200S, has a gain pot added and the volume goes to 111! :cool:
(built by a friend, I wish I could build an amp, but anything over 9V scares me ...)

RWO))).png

At home, a H&K Bassmaster (5W tube amp) with an old Italian 2x12" from the 70ies, Calderoni Meazzi "2001 Hollywood" :D

home.jpg

Nostradoomus

No pictures but

Laney VH100r
Ampeg VH140C (broken :( )
Peavey Musician MKiv
Peavey Mace 2x12 (160w tube, great for preamp pedals)
Olde Crow 2x15
Peavey 2x15
Tiny Marshall full stack :D

music6000

Based on a Fender, Fullerton 22w Toroidal by Darryl Hoy @ VALVETONE, Cabinet by EB Amps.
2 - 6L6GC, 2 - 12AX7.
Toggle switch for Gain, None & Mid Boost
Toggle for Bright
Toggle for Deep
2 way passive Footswitch for Mid Boost, Gain or Both
Meticulously Handwired Tagboard Design!
Built in Hammond Enclosure. 8 & 16 ohm.

Simple & Awesome!!!
View attachment 3621
View attachment 3622
Here's a JCM800 Style, Guvnor MV 45W Also By Darryl Hoy @ VALVETONE, Cabinet by EB Amps.
2- EL34, 3-12AX7
Low & Hi Inputs, 8 & 16 Ohm
Kicks Ass !!! :

Valvetone - EB Guv'nor 45 Watt Head 1.jpg

Guv'nor MV 45 Watt Head 2.jpg

Last edited:

Mourguitars

My main rig....or rack , i run that thru two 2x12 cabs stereo here in the office, switch between the 5 pre amps with the patchmate8 running the the Multivalve cutting on /off effects or different patches with each one via midi...im never bored...from clean to mean . I swap out my OD's I've made for diffrent boosts. I was going to rack mount the pedals, but i like to swap too much ! I had a ground hum..... but the Muzzle in the last loop thru send/return and with the thru mod last in line of my drive pedals....Zero noise ! I mean like its not even on...amazing

I use the HT20 for my Distortion pedals ive made on the clean channel...takes pedals well

Background pics are my Bosses memory lane, so ive taken over the office here in the warehouse ...i have to leave them...a trade off lol

This Blackstar has issues...sounded great thru this Mesa cab when it worked...i have so much time trouble shooting it , I'm going to look for cold solder joints when i get the time...it has to be on the Preamp PCB but it has 3 diffrent service stickers on it...so its been troublesome before me..has that crackle, and clean channel is fuzzy...dont know ???? !!!!

Mike

cooder

I've built a few struggling to give them all enough playtime...
A Matchless Lightning inspired one, scratch built:

5F1 hotrodded

Dumble OD special HRM 50 W based on Ceriatone Kit

Matchless Hotbox and Marshall JCM800 preamp plus tube fx loop

Matchless Vox inspired

Phat 16 project inspired with additional fx loop and inbuilt pcb based reverb