Little Red Haired Girl

tdukes

Not pedal PCB but based on Je Taime and Van Pelt Drive. I have been using these together for about a year, so I laid them out and had them built by pcbgogo and put them in a box together. "I Love You" and "Charlie Brown" made me think "Little Red Haired Girl".

The cap and yellow wire are for mistake in the layout, but I don't know if I'll do another try or not. Getting the color of the skin was a lot harder than I thought it would be.

little-red-head-girl.jpg little-red-head-girl-3.jpg little-red-head-girl-2.jpg

You nailed the artwork! Looks great. Pretty tight fit in that box. Takes tiny feet to hit only one button at a time, hmm?
You kind of have to use the side of your foot. I haven't missed and gotten both of them too much. I haven't used it while wearing boots yet though.

I misjudged the pot legs. I should have moved the whole board up some and made it a little shorter. This is a 4 layer board. I wonder if a 2 layer would do as well. It would only cost $5 plus shipping to try again with a 2 layer. The 4 layer was about $50..

You should be able to lay out this circuit on a 2-layer board, even shrink it down a bit. All of the PedalPCB boards I've seen are 2-layer. Do like PedalPCB does and flood-fill ground plane around the traces on both sides.
I've been there, done that with the pot dimensions.
FYI, 16mm pots have a 16mm diameter body and the distance from the center lead to the center of the mounting hole is also 16mm. Here's an Alpha dwg with dimensions.

Back