Lo-fi, wobble pitch, sound degradation pedals

rectifier

Having a small homerecording studio with some plugins that simulate old devices and bring some lofi awesomeness I was wondering if there are some pedals out there that can also simulate this.

I mean digital plugins are cool and all but having some pedals to play around with to degrade the sound would be pretty awesome. I also don‘t mind to build a bunch of these since I know there is probably no pedal out there that has the „all in one“ feature set.

The pedals will be used with guitars, synths and also sounds coming from my audio interface

Any recommendations what pedals to build?

I just built the Magnetron magnetic delay. It has built in modulation as well as an internal gain pot that allows you to degrade the repeats.

It's not a bitcrusher, so if you're looking for chiptune stuff, it won't do that. But I feel like it achieves some great Boards of Canada effects.

The "LoFi Machine" patch for the Arachnid/Pythagoras does detune, filter, and bitcrush all in one.

I'm sure others have great suggestions, too. Here are a few I've built, or plan on building:

Zapper - I love my Zapper!
Captain Bit - wild, I'm still getting used to it. Check out youtube demos for that one. (Also, uses a tough to find transformer. I got a few extra, anyone know what to do with spares?)
Magnetron - agree with @farwest1 , you can get some nice wobble and degradations with it.
Chalemaeu - I've been meaning to build this one. Lots of folks speak highly of it! If you want some wobbles, that may be a good one.

I'm sure others have great suggestions, too. Here are a few I've built, or plan on building:

Zapper - I love my Zapper!
Captain Bit - wild, I'm still getting used to it. Check out youtube demos for that one. (Also, uses a tough to find transformer. I got a few extra, anyone know what to do with spares?)
Magnetron - agree with @farwest1 , you can get some nice wobble and degradations with it.
Chalemaeu - I've been meaning to build this one. Lots of folks speak highly of it! If you want some wobbles, that may be a good one.
Chalemaeu has a lot of pitch, chorus and distortion. And it’s all dynamic sensitive to your picking. Try it out. Very fun.

Back