Loft Dual Fuzz

What enclosure would you prefer for the Loft Dual Fuzz PCB?

• 125B

Votes: 14 50.0%
  • 1590BB

Votes: 14 50.0%

• Total voters
Well 1590N1 is just fine for dual footswitches if you make it a horizontal layout — but it's still gotta be top jacks...

I, too, have gunboats such as Mentaltossflycoon, but am much clumsier I am sure. Beginning to think portrait 1590BB is good for dual footswitches (and of course horizontal 1590BB).

The real problem is if you've got a couple (or more) dual-footswitch 1590N1 pedals next to each other on the pedalboard...

One more thing about 1590BB...\

More space for graphics!

I hope the loft inspires you all.

Old thread/kick in the ass.
125b layout BUT duplicate two of the three pot pads so that you can rotate the pots 90° for a 1590?
So each pot, or 2/4 pots have 5 pads allowing the user to choose box size.

Old thread/kick in the ass.
125b layout BUT duplicate two of the three pot pads so that you can rotate the pots 90° for a 1590?
So each pot, or 2/4 pots have 5 pads allowing the user to choose box size.
Which 1590? 😜

LLB​
LB​
H​
Y​
A​
G​
G2​
B​
B2​
BS​
B3​
BB​
BB2​
BBS​
Q​
KK​
J​
XX​
X​
P1​
DD​
BX2​
BX​

Oh, I forgot one.
1590N1, or more commonly called a 125B.

1590 Common Pedal sizes.jpg

I think the 1590Q is criminally underrated and underused. It has 1mm more depth clearance than the ubiquitous B, so circuits should fit in fine the Q where a BB prevents top-jacks and it'll be the same height as vertical N1s on the pedalboard.

I'm particularly fond of the Trapezoids. Not sure what pricing is like now, but the TRPB was MUCH cheaper than a B2 last I checked, when I bought a few.

H mmW mmD mm
B21126034
TRPB11261.5 / 7935

There are a few 1550 series worthy of putting a build into them.

I went through the entire Hammond catalogue long time ago making note of which might be suitable for my builds, so tried to keep depth below 38mm (about 1.5"), the height of a BBS.

For instance, the KK is a nice sized square of 125x125 (4.9"x4.9") but the depth is a whopping 53mm (slightly over 2").

The DD vs D, they're the same height and width but the DD is a superb 33mm depth whereas a D is a rude-obnoxious 56mm.

I'm always cramming more schtuff than should go in any given size, so one millimetre makes a huge difference between whether the lid will go on or not; I was delighted when Hammond came out with the B2, B3 and BB2.

Anyway, I've digressed — this thread is pitting the N1 against the BB.

I was undecided before, so would've been happy with any Loft PCB.
I'll change my vote to portrait BB, a fairly happy compromise as it's the height of an N1, so will match with the plethora of PPCB builds we all have (or have yet to build), but is a little bit wider to accommodate those of us who wear gunboats for shoes.

Back