DEMO Lot Lizard

This post contains an audio or video demo

DGWVI

Build Rating
5.00 star(s)
Made a few parts swaps to better sate my tastes from the stock unit prescribed in the build doc - The transistors are all 2N5088 and 5087. The diode has been replaced with an infrared LED

Pretty nifty circuit, with a decent range from chunky overdrive to fizzling octave tones
1000012702.jpg 1000012676.jpg

I’ve been really trying to resist the urge to build
one of these. Because I’m sure I’ll never use it. The demo though with the socks just did me in I think.

I’ve been really trying to resist the urge to build
one of these. Because I’m sure I’ll never use it. The demo though with the socks just did me in I think.
Yeah, I wasn't too thrilled by it. But it is actually a pretty cool circuit for dirtier tones. Some settings could even be used as a main drive. The octave does get super fucking intense and kinda fatigues the ear, though

Yeah, I wasn't too thrilled by it. But it is actually a pretty cool circuit for dirtier tones. Some settings could even be used as a main drive. The octave does get super fucking intense and kinda fatigues the ear, though
Maybe it would be a good one for when I’m annoyed with the wife and I keep turning it up a little louder slowly after she asked me to turn it down. Not that I would ever do something so childish and petty. 😂

2N5088 in place of the 2222, and a 5087 in place of the 3906. Used an infrared LED for the first stages diode
Ahh right, you did mention it, for some reason I thought there were other changes.

I really do regret not buying a pair of each of the designs, but they were something like $30 a pop 😅
That’s why I haven’t bought them yet 😅
I love the Devo merch store but it’s a bit pricy for me. I have my tour shirt from seeing them last spring, and I have the “blockhead” sculpture I made for my cubist portraiture assignment from my sculpture class this past fall, but other than that I’ve got nothing. IMG_1370.jpeg

That’s why I haven’t bought them yet 😅
I love the Devo merch store but it’s a bit pricy for me. I have my tour shirt from seeing them last spring, and I have the “blockhead” sculpture I made for my cubist portraiture assignment from my sculpture class this past fall, but other than that I’ve got nothing. View attachment 50050
Not to be a dick, but those aren't 90° angles :p

I've got at least a dozen of their shirts that I try not to wear too often for fear of ruining em, and a handful of embroidered badges / appliques that I haven't decided what to do with yet

Not to be a dick, but those aren't 90° angles :p
I have a tendency to disregard what should be done in favor of what’s more fun to do 😂
I've got at least a dozen of their shirts that I try not to wear too often for fear of ruining em, and a handful of embroidered badges / appliques that I haven't decided what to do with yet
I feel that. I have lots of shirts that I rarely wear out of fear of wrecking them. Likewise I have quite a few badges and stickers from different bands/concerts/places I’ve traveled to that I absolutely can not commit to applying to anything

Back