Low tide *( Geri-rig-shit-show)*

Dan0h

So, I am posting this because I have no shame and really don’t give a fuck at this point. Feel free to piss your pants laughing at this monstrosity. But remember (IT WORKs!)

So I thought, let’s try something different. Let’s try this thing everyone is hype beast to the moon about. Let’s build this Low-tide thing and better yet let’s try to cram it into a 125b. No build docs. No problem.

If you have seen the RED Forman thread you know I was impatience and soldered a Ic in backwards. Well, what I didn’t share in that thread was that IC was just the tip of the iceberg of shit showmanship. I also ran out of 100uf and 1uf caps so I piggy backed two 47ufs x2 for the 100s and used a 860nf for the 1uf. Also bridged together several resistors to get close to what I needed because I was so pissed about having so many orders coming in from different vendors I thought I would prove a thing or two… and build this thing with spare parts. Due to my dumb ass move on the caps there was no way this thing was going to fit stacked in a 125b so I decided to murder my benson in a 1590xx and use that. Not realizing I would have to hand wire 4 of the six pots (which of fucking course I wired backwards, and wire all 11 hook up links. Don’t even get me started on the fact I was out of Foot switches so I attempted to reuse the ribbon on the benson only to have it evaporate and ran shit tack soldered wire instead. Of course I also ran out of solder so I resorted to trying to use some old huge diameter shit my dad gave me over twenty years ago and ended up with six new bridges shorting every god damn thing out. I ended up wicking all that shit up and Amazon’ing new solder. Got it all ready to go and then realized how fucking delicate the trim pots are on this thing and spent almost a half hour dialing it in.
So many times during this build I was so close to throwing in the towel. But I stuck it out and now have a Frankenstein Chorus pedal that randomly engages vibrato. But the JFEt boost sounds so fucking good I almost want to rebuild a vero of just that seriously amazing. And I have to admit this subliminal wacky chorus random vibrato thing is growing on me it’s actually pretty cool once you give it the time needed to find the sweet spots. What an adventure this build was. Oh and Thank you @fig this was #5 of the builds your gift cards had a part in, and honestly if it wasn’t for that fact I probably would have thrown in the towel, I had to finish this beast for you.

The Low-tide. Build it, it’s worth the effort.
0E0C259F-809F-4C43-9675-7098A168CC64.jpeg B048C406-7BB1-4986-B897-E542258EBE1F.jpeg D4B46A8C-7478-49AB-B261-7794CE08B79D.jpeg

@Dan0h, the important part is that it works! Also, I think you're being a tad hypercritical of yourself here. It's not "perfect" but it works and it's REALLY a lot cleaner than I expected after reading the first part of your post.

@Dan0h, the important part is that it works! Also, I think you're being a tad hypercritical of yourself here. It's not "perfect" but it works and it's REALLY a lot cleaner than I expected after reading the first part of your post.
Thank you, and you are right. It does work and only my circuit friends on this forum will ever know the Frankenstein insides. 👍🏼

Hey hey, let's be nice now.

Is it the prettiest build ever? Well no.... maybe not.

Is it the worst looking build ever? Absolutely not, not even by a long shot.

You managed to save the day and learned some things along the way. That's what's most important.

Once you throw the lid on it no one will care.

Interesting result as well as an entertaining story. Uhh…might need something to chill ya out though. Xanax, vodka, weed, whatever will do the job. 🤪

Interesting result as well as an entertaining story. Uhh…might need something to chill ya out though. Xanax, vodka, weed, whatever will do the job. 🤪
Damn dude, I didn’t realize (connect the dots) until you pointed this out, it’s the stress time of the year at my day job and that shit transferred into my build. I don’t drink or smoke anymore but I do need to hit the exercise to let that shit out. Thanks man.

So, I am posting this because I have no shame and really don’t give a fuck at this point. Feel free to piss your pants laughing at this monstrosity. But remember (IT WORKs!)

So I thought, let’s try something different. Let’s try this thing everyone is hype beast to the moon about. Let’s build this Low-tide thing and better yet let’s try to cram it into a 125b. No build docs. No problem.

If you have seen the RED Forman thread you know I was impatience and soldered a Ic in backwards. Well, what I didn’t share in that thread was that IC was just the tip of the iceberg of shit showmanship. I also ran out of 100uf and 1uf caps so I piggy backed two 47ufs x2 for the 100s and used a 860nf for the 1uf. Also bridged together several resistors to get close to what I needed because I was so pissed about having so many orders coming in from different vendors I thought I would prove a thing or two… and build this thing with spare parts. Due to my dumb ass move on the caps there was no way this thing was going to fit stacked in a 125b so I decided to murder my benson in a 1590xx and use that. Not realizing I would have to hand wire 4 of the six pots (which of fucking course I wired backwards, and wire all 11 hook up links. Don’t even get me started on the fact I was out of Foot switches so I attempted to reuse the ribbon on the benson only to have it evaporate and ran shit tack soldered wire instead. Of course I also ran out of solder so I resorted to trying to use some old huge diameter shit my dad gave me over twenty years ago and ended up with six new bridges shorting every god damn thing out. I ended up wicking all that shit up and Amazon’ing new solder. Got it all ready to go and then realized how fucking delicate the trim pots are on this thing and spent almost a half hour dialing it in.
So many times during this build I was so close to throwing in the towel. But I stuck it out and now have a Frankenstein Chorus pedal that randomly engages vibrato. But the JFEt boost sounds so fucking good I almost want to rebuild a vero of just that seriously amazing. And I have to admit this subliminal wacky chorus random vibrato thing is growing on me it’s actually pretty cool once you give it the time needed to find the sweet spots. What an adventure this build was. Oh and Thank you @fig this was #5 of the builds your gift cards had a part in, and honestly if it wasn’t for that fact I probably would have thrown in the towel, I had to finish this beast for you.

The Low-tide. Build it, it’s worth the effort.
View attachment 28110View attachment 28111View attachment 28112
Beautiful.
There's enough room in there for a Squidward and a temporary bypass switching board.
Just throwing it out there.

Whoa. The low tide into the life pedal is Epic. Does it doom? Hell yeah it does. If you have both you gotta try it.

Back