Low Tide Modulator - audio signal troubleshooting

Jdilly

I’m relatively new to pedal troubleshooting, but learning lots with each build (I’m 6 pedals in). My low tide modulator isn’t giving me any sound when its engaged. I’m running it though a test box (in/out/power, switch) that I know is working.

I started following along with the schematic and an audio probe. The one attachment shows the macro view of my results so far. The other shows a zoomed in view of the IC6 and IC7 area where things seems to be funky. The green dot - audio, red - no audio, yellow - is a variable high pitch whistle-like sound that I get.

Where would you recommend me going from here? Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• 089B627E-E190-4F18-B10C-6B4F6EF53109.jpeg
    089B627E-E190-4F18-B10C-6B4F6EF53109.jpeg
    974.6 KB · Views: 36
  • BE91B2C4-4581-4287-A93B-1F2788847C13.jpeg
    BE91B2C4-4581-4287-A93B-1F2788847C13.jpeg
    840.1 KB · Views: 31
Did you go through the entire range of the trim pots while you were testing it out? On mine both pots had a very narrow window that I was able to get a signal from.

Can you post pictures of what your board looks like too? It helps to actually see that as well.

Thanks for the reply. Any tips on how to troubleshoot the trim pot settings? I had set the values on them both based on a post I read here before playing, but didn’t have any luck. I’ll also reply back shortly with some pics.

This thread was really helpful for me. Not sure if that’s the one you used or not.

As far as the board goes, on that side of it at least your solder looks fine to me. Did you have the pots bent up like that when you were testing it? I wonder if maybe one of the pot lugs is just barely touching a solder joint and causing a short or something.

Back