Low Tide - whooooosh

Magnolia

Hi guys

I just built a Low Tide, and I love it. I'm still getting to know it, but it's a great pedal.
I spent a lot of time troubleshooting, as it is by far the most complex pedal I've built so far, but thanks to this forum, some deep thinking, some inspection and even more reinspection, I figured out the more fundamental issues.

Still, I now experience a rather pronounced whooshing noise when I turn on the pedal. I can gather from posts on here that that is to be expected, and the noise is more or less pronounced, depending on the gate-trim. I still think it's a bit too much, and for the noise to be - not inaudible, but less dominating - I need to set the trim to a point where I lose a bit too much high end for my taste.

Is there a possible mistake on my part/faulty component/bad connection that could lead to an amplified whooshing? Or is this just part of the pedal, and I must decide whether to have cake or eat it?

Thanks in advance :)

EDIT: Some photos of the thing.

IMG_20221114_171429.jpg IMG_20221114_171436.jpg IMG_20221114_171440.jpg IMG_20221114_171458.jpg

Last edited:
Back