Low Tide

picsssssss

So I've kinda had this one built for a few months now and have been enjoying it, but I took it out of the box so I could screenprint the artwork onto it. When I put it back it in it wasn't working so I had to do a whole troubleshooting thing, my thread is in that forum if you're interested, but I had to jumper two points where I accidentally fried the trace.

Anyways, I really like this pedal. Tbh I'm kinda underwhelmed by the random modulation part of it. It's ok. The low pass gate however is downright magical. I absolutely love how it sounds with my playing. It's not a good enough chorus or vibrato to replace either of those on my board, but with the LPG its pretty special.

Artwork was screenprinted by me. It's 3 colours, 4 layers. The pink, the blue, and the white, and then the fourth layer is the blend where the controls are that was done in one pull. I was initially annoyed because I didn't measure out the text to where the holes were and the standard davies knobs covered the text. But it worked out ok because I got these skinny aluminum ones that match the colour scheme so the whole thing looks amazing imo.
Looks awesome!

Finding the right Rate, Slew & Gate settings for your own ideal modulation is a bit of an art. The modulation gets a bit less random & noticeable as you increase the Slew control (Slew smooths the transition between random steps). You may like it better starting at a low Slew setting and slowing inching it up. All three controls can also be quite interactive, and you may need to increase the Depth as you increase the Slew setting.

BTW, did you use the recommended pot values & tapers? I know the Dual A1M for Slew can be hard to find. If you ended up with Lin instead of Log for Slew or Depth, then the ideal settings may be bunched up at the top of the control.
  • Rate - 10k Linear
  • Slew - 1M Log Dual-Gang
  • Depth - 100K Log

Yeah using a linear pot for Slew could defo be part of your uninteresting modulation.

A log pot at 50% is the same as a lin pot at 15%, meaning a lot of the usable range is at the bottom of the control (I erroneously said top before). You'll have the most intense modulation & interesting sounds with Slew set to between 0% and 30% (which equates to 0% to 70% on a log pot).

Pots - Log Lin Rev-Log Pot Taper Charts - Digikey.png

Back