SOLVED Low volume and highs when in bypass on my Hydra Delay

KR Sound

I briefly mentioned this in my build report, but I realize I should put it here.

The pedal sounds great and works perfectly, however when it's bypassed the volume is decreased and it seams the highs are missing. I can activate the pedal, set everything to zero and the Output/Level at around noon and it sounds like it should.

Is there anything I should be looking at in particular? I remember seeing a post somewhere that talked about swapping C12 and C13 values, but I can't seem to find that or if that's even related.

F6756371-C8D6-44DD-8BE9-091F6FB10878.jpeg

Last edited:
There is nothing on the PCB that can affect the bypass signal.

Any issues in bypass would be offboard wiring, jacks, 3PDT, or breakout board.

Got it. Turns out it was the wire going from the breakout board to the jack. It had a fray that was touching the OUT to the board, which makes sense why it sounded correct when turned on.

Took the wire out, re-tinned it and put it back in clean. 👍🏼

F2EB3130-9124-4C86-87FB-932A95D9A807.jpeg

Are you tinning your stranded wire before hooking up? Those little buggers will get you every time if you don't tin properly. Which is why I've moved to solid core almost exclusively for everything except LEDs.

Are you tinning your stranded wire before hooking up? Those little buggers will get you every time if you don't tin properly. Which is why I've moved to solid core almost exclusively for everything except LEDs.
I do, but I must’ve missed that one a bit somehow. It was just one or two loose strands that were touching. I’ll most likely pick up some solid core for certain applications, because in reality the wires aren’t really susceptible to movement and breakage once boxed up, right?

Back