Mach1

JamieJ

mach1ap.jpg
mach1pa.jpg

I've wanted to build this one for a while as there's loads of hype around it from some of my favourite types of guitar players (Danish Pete, Tom Bukovac). It sounds great and its definitely a pedal that you should use if you love the sound of your amp as it really doesn't change the tone too much - it almost feels like a boost rather than overdrive.

This is only my second attempt at graphics and its turned out okay but not brilliant. The decal has a defect around the LED and under to Mach 1 writing and I cut it too big so there's a 1mm overlap at the top which is annoying. I've been wanting to get into graphics for a while but I haven't got the time for the learning curve involved with new systems such as illustrator and Inkscape at the moment so I wanted to see how good a job I could do using Microsoft word (I can feel a meme being made for the its all in good fun thread already). Also I am being a cheapskate as I don't want to buy a new computer programme at the moment as I have just had to buy a new car. I used @dmnCrawler pedal graphic PDF from his site which is awesome - thanks!

Thanks to @SillyOctpuss for the interesting yellow 1N4148s for this circuit.

Did you use one of those noiseless relay switches? The decal looks good to me. I don't think most people would see anything unless they closely inspected it.

I've got this PCB on the way. I used the Tayda print service as well so I will be curious how it turns out.

Reactions: fig
I've been wanting to get into graphics for a while but I haven't got the time for the learning curve involved with new systems such as illustrator and Inkscape at the moment so I wanted to see how good a job I could do using Microsoft word (I can feel a meme being made for the its all in good fun thread already).
I'm the same way. I use Word and Adobe Acrobat since they're already on my computer and for simpler designs it works fine.. I also hand paint mine too, but not as good as @jjjimi84. He's an artist that enjoys his craft.

Nice looking build. I can see you've gotten into the relay switch boards. Do you notice anything different compared to the usual 3pdt true bypass wiring most of us do? Curious if an upgrade is needed on my future builds.

Is the relay one of the ones from eBay that’s 6/$11? I was tempted to get those to try out, but since all of the legit examples I’ve seen online are beige and not blue, I wasn’t sure if it was even worth the gamble. Now that I see they can be blue, I’m more tempted to give it a shot

Last edited:
@BuddytheReow the biggest advantage of the basic relay bypass for me is the fact that you can add a mono jack and wire it in parallel with the footswitch, and then use a standard momentary normally-open footswitch (like any tap tempo switch) as a remote footswitch. One example I use this for is if I’m making an amp-top unit such as a spring reverb, and want to be able to engage and bypass it with a footswitch on the floor.

Nice job! Graphics looks good! Love the little meat 🐝 diodes. I learned if I wash the enclosure with dish soap and water a couple of times (works better than alcohol) I don’t have any decal adhesion issues, (not sure if that’s helpful).

Nice job! Graphics looks good! Love the little meat 🐝 diodes. I learned if I wash the enclosure with dish soap and water a couple of times (works better than alcohol) I don’t have any decal adhesion issues, (not sure if that’s helpful).
Thanks, that’s a great tip!
Did you get a sensible car with the steering bits on the correct side? 😁

Your build is excellent! I'm hoping to add a relay board to the build I'm on now.

Cheers!
What do you class as the correct side?? 😂😂 I have gone for an automatic which I’ve never had before as I’ve always driven a manual. It’s an old mans car aka an estate (and I love it!)

• Love
That looks fantastic Jamie. I really like GIMP for graphics. It's free and pretty quick once you get used to it. I'm happy to do a quick run through of how I do mine if you're interested?

I'm the same way. I use Word and Adobe Acrobat since they're already on my computer and for simpler designs it works fine.. I also hand paint mine too, but not as good as @jjjimi84. He's an artist that enjoys his craft.

Nice looking build. I can see you've gotten into the relay switch boards. Do you notice anything different compared to the usual 3pdt true bypass wiring most of us do? Curious if an upgrade is needed on my future builds.
I am an artist?

I enjoy my craft?

I ENJOY NOTHING!!!!!!!!!!!

Back