DEMO Madbean Pedals Tour Bus PGE-EHX Deluxe Memory Man

This post contains an audio or video demo

music6000

I'm holding out for a Miracelman build:

Miracleman01Quesada.jpg

Karkadann 2 Mockup Pedal.jpg

Last edited:

thewintersoldier

Being in The New Warriors is a comic book kiss of death ... just ask Nova how the Nova Corps can be in the MCU but he can't
They are allegedly working on a Nova project. I don't know how exactly they plan to introduce him seeing as Xandar was destroyed when Thanos obtained the power stone from the nova corps. Also not sure which version of Nova it will be. At least we are finally getting Adam Warlock in the meantime.

Boba7

C27 is part of the chorus vibrato switch, you omit it and change the value or R30 when you use a rate pot instead of the two speed switch. It's in the 27 page build doc
big-brain-point-finger-at-forehead.gif

Outstanding build, congrats!

A question about the rate pot: did you use 1MB or 1MC? I feel that the rev log would be more balanced but am not sure.

benny_profane

Ahhhh ok, hmmm @benny_profane since you had a hand in this design, do you recommend changing this to a pot instead of toggle? I know jack diddle about DMM's.
To be clear, I only helped with the documentation. I think it depends on what you want out of the modulation. The toggle essentially selects from two predefined rates. A RATE pot instead allows greater control over the modulation. There's no right or wrong answer. The classic DMM design has the toggle set-up; the RATE pot is a modification. If you find that you think you'd like finer control of the modulation rate, go for the pot. If you think that the DEPTH and preset speeds would be sufficient for you, go stock. Keep in mind the stock build is a more straightforward process too.

Personally, I went with the pot. However, I've also built a Total Recall with the switch and have an old (unmodified) big box DMM.

thewintersoldier

To be clear, I only helped with the documentation. I think it depends on what you want out of the modulation. The toggle essentially selects from two predefined rates. A RATE pot instead allows greater control over the modulation. There's no right or wrong answer. The classic DMM design has the toggle set-up; the RATE pot is a modification. If you find that you think you'd like finer control of the modulation rate, go for the pot. If you think that the DEPTH and preset speeds would be sufficient for you, go stock. Keep in mind the stock build is a more straightforward process too.

Personally, I went with the pot. However, I've also built a Total Recall with the switch and have an old (unmodified) big box DMM.
I went with the pot because I rarely use the chorus on the total recall, IMO the vibrato is where it's at. I could just set two different vibrato speeds on the switch but why when I can have all the speeds.

Diynot

Well I think I'll just do what @thewintersoldier did and do the pot. I don't know what I don't know, I'm just hoping I get sound when I'm done hahahah, this is going to be my first double decker.
Getting ready to do power check, IC placement, and calibration on mine this weekend. I have done a few double decker builds and not gonna lie, this is a fiddly build. Bring your A game when measuring and placing the resistors since there are a lot of different, very close values and 1/8w are hard to read. Don’t be scared, just be cautious. I am going stock with the switch.

thewintersoldier

Getting ready to do power check, IC placement, and calibration on mine this weekend. I have done a few double decker builds and not gonna lie, this is a fiddly build. Bring your A game when measuring and placing the resistors since there are a lot of different, very close values and 1/8w are hard to read. Don’t be scared, just be cautious. I am going stock with the switch.
This. The key to a successful build like this is attention to detail and organization. Measure before you populate and double check everything is in the right spot before you solder. Take your time and follow the instructions. IMO no one does build docs better than Brian, and if you have an issue with your build then YOU screwed something up all on your own 😂