Mango-flavored BBE Sonic Stomp

bobson dugnutt

My partner and I have been a little bored and stuck inside and...well...this happened.

Art is all her, reusing acrylic paint from our halloween costumes years ago (we were La Croix cans) and then clear coated to hell and back. It's been super windy and the pedal took a spill while drying, so things aren't nearly as clean as they could be, sadly. Still refreshing!

This is my second sonic stomp, and while I was a bit skeptical at first, I'm a believer now! It definitely adds clarify, and I'm excited to give it a go in a band setting if that ever happens again. Being able to add bass definition without mud is such a great feature, and as a lead guitarist you better believe I'm here for that extra treble!

Attachments

• IMG_3067.jpeg
    IMG_3067.jpeg
    548.8 KB · Views: 46
  • IMG_3068.jpeg
    IMG_3068.jpeg
    449.2 KB · Views: 46
Nice enclosure, and after recently building one I have to say it is a fun effect. I named mine "Harmonic Tonic" : ^ )

That looks great! I hope your stomp sounds good in a live setting. I've never been able to make one work. It ends up having the exact opposite effect of making the guitar sound bigger or brighter. Worth noting I've never been able to play a muff live either :)

That looks great! I hope your stomp sounds good in a live setting. I've never been able to make one work. It ends up having the exact opposite effect of making the guitar sound bigger or brighter. Worth noting I've never been able to play a muff live either :)

It's tough! Funny enough I'm a big fan of the green russian muff for band stuff, but I do have to nearly dime the tone control to really cut. A tubescreamer in front help a bit, too. If only I could get the BYOC tonebender I built ages ago to do the trick...it sounds so good solo but the minute I click it on with other people play I disappear completely!

Back