SOLVED Mask Audio - Akron Rubber Fire - Low Volume on Speaker Cranker side

PangeaDestructor

Working on this double boost pedal from Mask Audio, the Electra/clean side is working fine, nice and loud. The Speaker Cranker side is really quiet, and I noticed that the volume is maxed at full ccw. Seems strange to me, the doc says that pot should be a B5k but I've used C5k when doing SC on vero. I guess I don't care as long as the volume issue gets fixed, and I'm finding a volume drop between the legs of c1 (100n). Reflowing didn't solve the issue, I'm not sure if the cap is damaged or faulty, so I may just try dropping in a different 100n, but it's a brand new WIMA and doubt that's the case. Does that seem like it should be larger to let more volume through? Before I go pulling that cap and replacing with 220n, 330n, or 390n, should i have any concerns about causing damage later in the circuit or other potential issues with those larger values?

In case anyone notices, the pics are from before I added a connection between the two 3pdt switches, wasn't getting a bypass signal at first but that has been corrected.

Build Doc: https://www.dropbox.com/s/hwonsoc5j4w3o3p/AKRON RUBBER FIRE 1.0.docx?dl=0

Attachments

• IMG_0002.jpg
    IMG_0002.jpg
    852.9 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_0003.jpg
    IMG_0003.jpg
    985.4 KB · Views: 6
Back