Mercurial Boost

flemming

@peccary kept going on and on about the Mercurial and I'm too much of a hack to have strong opinions about anything guitar related, so decided to give it a whirl. It's a super easy, low parts count build. The enclosure was printed and drilled by @amplifyfun. I honestly haven't played with it enough to fall in love with it like was virtually guaranteed in the product endorsement, but we'll see. I need to try it in combination with a few different things to see where I think it might fit. It strikes me as one of those "salt and pepper" pedals that you throw into the mix to add a little sumpin' sumpin'.

PXL_20220709_210045097.jpg
PXL_20220709_210158324.jpg

Nice panel-
Matching knobs in different sizes
Cool "Hz" measurements nested in the FREQ markings
Awesome dangly tail on the "Q"
Exemplary guts as well, but a very nice panel, indeed!

This looks killer, man.

I think the bang for the buck of this pedal can't be beat and I hope that you enjoy it. It's not life altering as in "I've now found the best drive in the world!" It's more like you say: it'll add a little something special to what you've got going on. It really does shine with distortion and fuzz pedals, so it's a good idea to try it in different places to see how it does.

I really do think that everyone can find a use for this pedal, though. I feel like it makes everything it touches more versatile.

That is a clean build! What program did you use to design the faceplate? I have been toying with the idea of a faceplate. Your artwork may have sealed the deal! It is fantastic!

Matching knobs in different sizes
You'd think that this wouldn't be all the hard to accomplish, but noooooooo. No single vendor had two different matching sizes in stock. I ended up getting the small ones from SmallBear and the large one from LoveMySwitches and crossed my fingers that they would actually match.

That is a clean build! What program did you use to design the faceplate? I have been toying with the idea of a faceplate. Your artwork may have sealed the deal! It is fantastic!
I drew the design in Inkscape, and just to clarify it's UV printed and not an actual faceplace.

That first picture looks so perfect, at first I thought it was a digital render!

I agree with above comment, guts are indeed exemplary, but the front steals the show.

Back