DEMO Demo by jjjimi84 aka DK pedals! Mhmm! I'm Mr. Frundles!

This post contains an audio or video demo

Pauleo1214

I don't know where to begin with this. Though I only got into pedal building 2 years ago, one of my inspirations was The Beavis Audio Research Fuzz Lab, which I first saw 14 years ago (if memory serves).

The Fuzz Lab came across my mind while I ruminated on future projects. I remember my feelings when I first saw it; I thought it an impossibility. If Mr. Beavis spent 150 hours populating circuit boards and debugging issues, what chance did I have? Having a number of weird combo builds under my belt, I knew I could build MY fuzz lab.

So what makes up Mr. Frundles Fuzz?

1. Black Tiger Boost (to Pre-drive all the fuzzes) into

2. Squidward for the obligatory octave up effect into

3. Third foot switch engages the fuzz loop, each fuzz is controlled by a 3PDT mini toggle on a GPCB Buff n' Blend. The fuzzes are in their own send/ return loop.

- Carbon Black Fuzz
- Starboard Fuzz
- Kalle Fuzz
- Muffin (Martian Fuzz Spec)
- Fuzz Foundry Deluxe
- Underminer
- Dream Fuzz
into

4. Tone Job (The fuzzes being in their own parallel loop still have a stacked effect, the EQ really helps to tighten it all up).

The great thing about this pedal is that it made playing fuzzes fun again! Despite the layout and the fact there are 10 circuits, it actually produces a lot of very usable sounds! So cheers!
20220927_221606.jpg

20220927_221422.jpg

As @Barry says, no guts, no glory! As a Karen would say, bless this mess.
20220927_221210.jpg

Australians always were a bit weak. They can't take the full power of Marmite and have to consume it's lesser equivalent.
I thought they consumed Vegemite because they could no longer import Marmite during WW2 and had to make their own. Marmite's next on my list of things to try.
I'll eat Vegemite and Marmite together if it means never having to eat Bovril.
28yetpil7t901.jpg

I thought they consumed Vegemite because they could no longer import Marmite during WW2 and had to make their own. Marmite's next on my list of things to try.
When I was growing up (in NZ), the only difference was that Marmite was meat based and Vegemite was plant based. They're both plant based now but the preference for Marmite remains.

It used to a be a staple food as a kid. Marmite on toast. Marmite on toast with melted cheese on top. Marmite on toast with pineapple and melted cheese on top. As you continue to eat it, you build a tolerance and add more and more. The first time I made Marmite for my wife, she couldn't get a mouthful down because I had only "lightly" spread it.

Great base for gravy..

Back