Mission expressionator

PedalPCB

Admin (Robert)
Staff member
Absolutely. I'd like to know which ones are used.

There are no warnings in the owners manual about voltage limits and most of the digital pot ICs I've seen have a limit of VCC (3.3V or 5V) ...

Bricksnbeatles

Member known well
Absolutely. I'd like to know which ones are used.

There are no warnings in the owners manual about voltage limits and most of the digital pot ICs I've seen have a limit of VCC (3.3V or 5V) ...
The MCP4xxxx series has a limit of 5.5v, and that’s what OBNE uses in the expression ramper.

PedalPCB

Admin (Robert)
Staff member
It'd be a fairly simple project with a low parts count, all of the heavy lifting is done in code.

I'd just want to be sure we're using the most robust digital pot available so it doesn't flake out the first time it gets hit with 9V on the expression jack.

Feral Feline

I missed out on getting in on the ground floor when a TBer was developing the Expressionator and made a limited run of them before selling the concept to Mission, so I'm very much interested in this one.

I have a lot of expression pedal inputs on various Dr Scientist and Diamond pedals...

So I'll probably need two or three of these Expressionators, maybe daisy-chained? 😸

Mentaltossflycoon

I missed out on getting in on the ground floor when a TBer was developing the Expressionator and made a limited run of them before selling the concept to Mission, so I'm very much interested in this one.

I have a lot of expression pedal inputs on various Dr Scientist and Diamond pedals...

So I'll probably need two or three of these Expressionators, maybe daisy-chained? 😸
I like the cut of your jib.