Monk Face Mock-up (Spare Parts FF)

Big Monk

So I was cleaning the bench the other day and I was about to throw away the last of the brain fart fuzz enclosures with The Stand graphics when I thought, “Waste not, want not.”

So I decided to use one of the vintage style FF face PCBs and do a mock-up of the Monk Face:

D69779A6-01AA-4C2D-A490-5A7F35B94E02.jpeg

Offboard wiring tonight.

You weren't kidding about borking the drilling. I like those knobs tho

So the issue was that I had Tayda drill the switch hole on the wrong side. So the janky hole you see on the other side was just me testing that the board fit and everything lined up.

I had two others and designed a small PCB so I could sell those two enclosures with circuits in them on Reverb.

Those are the OEM Dunlop knobs used on the JHF1.

After the success of the mockup, I made some final layout changes and added in a few more features to this "Vintage Edition" Monk Face:

1660852942100.png

The silkscreen is not actually going to be on the board so it has that clean, vintagey look.

Input control has a space for a 1/4w, 0 ohm jumper to make it a Clean control or a Pre-Gain. Q2 has a space for a 0 ohm jumper or a local feedback resistor so I can do The Fuzz on this board as well.

Spaced for the following:

Vishay/Dale RN55/RN60 resistors
CDE/Mallory 150 series output cap
Xicon 23P Axial Polystyrene
NOS Mial 2.2n for the RF Cap
Piher PT10 Trimmers
Vishay 021ASM Series Electros

I think my MK II will get the same treatment but the board will be a little longer.

Reactions: fig
Back