Moonshot Tremolo

andare

Just finished my Moonshot Tremolo.

20210826_213253.jpg 20210826_184924.jpg

This was a kit from Musikding. They sent me an Acid Fuzz PCB instead of the right one so I had to wait another week to get this. They also forgot to drill the hole for the on/off LED. This was a blessing in disguise since the always-on blinking LED was annoying so I cut it off and wired it to the main LED pads. They also didn't follow the drill template for the jacks so I had to pad the Lumbergs with extra washers and the fit is pretty tight.

As always the wiring took forever. I'm not good at tinning wires so sometimes they don't fit in the tiny holes. And for some reason the red heat shrink wouldn't shrink haha.

I like this tremolo because of the Gain knob, unit is as 12-1 o'clock and there's a bit more on tap. The Wave knob has a decent range.

The only issue is with the Speed knob. All the action is in the last 10% of the taper. I used the right pot as per the docs.
I like that it can go really slow but it's hard to dial in a useful speed range.
Maybe I did something wrong? Maybe the LDR isn't supposed to be so close to the LED?
I cleaned the flux and inspected the solder joints, everything looked fine. Any insight is welcome.

Anyway sorry for the lazy "graphics". I don't have the space and the tools to drill, etch etc. on my own and I haven't attempted to order from Tayda because of the potential import taxes.

Beautiful PCB layout, a pleasure to work on!

Back