Mosfet Driver Redux / CowPoker

Brett

Build Rating
5.00 star(s)
The final build report for the set of @cooder boards that were generously sent by @fig and designed by @Chuck D. Bones.

From what I understand, this one is a modified Buffalo TDX which is a MOSFET adaptation of the BK Butler Tube Driver. I designed my graphics as a tribute to the aesthetics of the Tube Driver.

This guy is a high-gainer for sure and I'm still getting acquainted with all that it offers.

I screwed up the drill template on this one (toggle switch position) so boxing it up went about as smooth as crunchy peanut butter. I ended up off boarding the toggle and bending the potentiometer legs up to where I could just clear the bottom of the PCB. All is well that ends well, I got it together and if I didn't mention that here, it's likely nobody would ever know.

The gut shot shows the switching IC missing because one of the three I received unfortunately didn't work. I robbed one of the other switching IC's for testing but I'll have to wait until I can get another switching IC before this guy is ready for prime time.

I enjoyed building all of the boards sent to me by @fig and again, I really appreciate all that were involved in creating these projects!
IMG_1614.JPG IMG_1615.JPG

Incredible job! I love this circuit. I have nothing but high praise. If it starts to squeal when pushing the gain then you can remedy it by putting a buffer in front of it or you can go the route I went with which was adding the jfet buffer board internally. Either way works! Did I mention this is incredible 🤣🤟

Man, that looks great! I love the tube driver … maybe a Boneyard board coming?
Thank you @Laundryroom David! This board was designed by @cooder and was generously gifted to me by @fig.
Incredible job! I love this circuit. I have nothing but high praise. If it starts to squeal when pushing the gain then you can remedy it by putting a buffer in front of it or you can go the route I went with which was adding the jfet buffer board internally. Either way works! Did I mention this is incredible 🤣🤟
Thank you @steviejr92! I haven't heard any squeal from it yet but I already have a Mesa High-Wire as my first-in/last-out so that may be why. It seems to do the high-gain thing well.

Back