Murdered Out Parentheses Fuzz

herliplex

This is my third Parentheses build. I used a laser engraver to etch the design on top, and recently found some black foot switches which I've been looking for for a long time. Only trouble I ran into was the BS170 was a little loose in the socket and it was preventing the boost from working, pushed it in and it worked great!

Attachments

• 69A26A1B-C970-4FB1-9BEA-2AF4CF183E2C.jpg
    69A26A1B-C970-4FB1-9BEA-2AF4CF183E2C.jpg
    201.8 KB · Views: 199
  • 527845DB-75CE-4419-B703-EA40969224B1.jpg
    527845DB-75CE-4419-B703-EA40969224B1.jpg
    608.2 KB · Views: 194
  • IMG_9764.jpeg
    IMG_9764.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 216
  • IMG_9766.jpeg
    IMG_9766.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 202
Funny, I'm in the middle of my 3rd build and of all things it's the connections to the footswitches that were the problem. Where'd you get that neato ribbon cable?

Did you etch on aluminum? Looks great!
A lot of time just burning the paint on top will do the trick, but yes I think the enclosures are aluminum.
I want to see more of that guitar in the background!

Funny, I'm in the middle of my 3rd build and of all things it's the connections to the footswitches that were the problem. Where'd you get that neato ribbon cable?
They are cool, but bear in mind they are also delicate, and do not flex as much as you'd think because it is such a short length between the switch and pcb. I'm not trying to dissuade you from using them (I've used them too) but I've also had to desolder and replace them and have read others say the same.

If you want to try some but not buy any, PM me and I'll mail you a few. (y)

I just reminded myself how valuable my 24AWG stranded wire is. Not as delicate as 26AWG, and not as prone to stray strands like the 22AWG. Despite the extra time it takes, I think I'm good with my current method. But I may want to try them out, who knows.

This is my third Parentheses build. I used a laser engraver to etch the design on top, and recently found some black foot switches which I've been looking for for a long time. Only trouble I ran into was the BS170 was a little loose in the socket and it was preventing the boost from working, pushed it in and it worked great!
Looks great! Love the Type-O-Negative colors!

Back