Muroidea + MAE Akron Rubber Fire

Nostradoomus

I’m building these as a tribute to my friend/old band mate who sadly passed away in October at age 30. His favourite distortion was a Turbo Rat and he really had bad luck when it came to blowing speakers so I tacked an MAE Akron Rubber Fire (eqd speaker cranker and black eye in one) on the end so anyone can have that blown out joy.

0A822E0C-6454-4684-8F06-F1121D91B0F9.jpeg

ED7EBF51-1DC3-438C-B9C4-D5F6E21791B6.jpeg

Nicely done. Raw bare metal look is cool. How did you do the lettering?
Looks like the Dirty Boost is wired for always on, and the order is Turbo Rat -> Dirty Boost -> Clean Boost. Is that right?

Sorry to hear about your friend. Looks like a great tribute. Very clean and tasteful graphics.

Thanks. Yeah Chuck you got it right on the order, it was late and my wiring is a tad off but I’ll fix it after work haha.

All the lettering is acid etching and duplicolor auto paint. :)

All good my friend. I should make a tutorial, I’ve got it down pretty well by now. Also I should stop calling it acid etching as I’m really using a base as the etchant (lye). :p

Okay so I’m on my 3rd one built, realized it needs a small buffer. Thank god I had some DC splitters kicking around. Wiring getting neater! (The buffer was tacked on after the fact so it’s a bit messy there)
323B3528-F3A2-4883-A596-570EA072B3EB.jpeg
Two wires into the drill chuck really does the trick for twisting em up nicely.

Back