Mutron Biphase reissue (please read!)

giovanni

Mutron started releasing reissues of their classic pedals a couple years ago. They seem to be a bit hard to find and really expensive. The Biphase looks pretty interesting: in addition to the original features, it has the ability to choose a sine or square wave, 4 or 6 stages, CV in/out/thru. I wonder if those addition could be made to the Duophase? Hopefully not too hard to build!

You can buy the deadendfx version if you really want over here

https://www.deadendfx.com/product/lola-phase-defx-v-2-version

They also have a original version board.
I never build it though :/ it's a bit pricey and looks like a labor intensive project and I may be a little too lazy for it xD also you will probably have to buy a crazy big and expensive enclosure :x.

The pedalpcb version looks more like a "workalike" than a direct clone buuuut a lot simpler and cheaper to build :p I did build the phasor II and it sounds pretty awesome so my guess is you won't be disappointed with the duophase.

Good shout! I’ll weigh my options and decide after I’m done with my 12 ongoing projects :)

The 4/6 stage switch and true 0-5V CV control of rate and depth is unique to the reissue.

Unless I'm mistaken the deadendfx version has expression control of rate, but not depth, and it doesn't accept 0-5V CV input.

I have a reissue traced, it's going to be a while (one side involves more components than the entire Duo-Phase), but it's coming eventually.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice ! I didn't realize the the reissue was different from the original ^^ you got me hyped up for the pedal pcb version now !

Back