Muzzle Classic

flemming

No problems assembling the PCB. The THAT4301 came from Mojotone (before they went OOS), everything else is from Tayda. I feel like the drill template (or my drilling) was just slightly off. I needed to tweak the LED a bit to get it to line up. Since I was using stereo jacks everywhere, fitting in the side chain ones was a little tight. I was worried about the unused contacts touching the IC, so I just snipped them off leaving the tips and switched tip in place. With those rotated toward the top, I don't think there's anything to be concerned about. I'm going to throw every damn 9v power supply I have out the window and finally buy a proper isolated one because once again there was random noise that I started trying to troubleshoot before testing with a battery.

Robert

Attachments

• PXL_20210209_051140460.jpg
    PXL_20210209_051140460.jpg
    794.9 KB · Views: 88
  • PXL_20210209_051157523.jpg
    PXL_20210209_051157523.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 97
I love what you did with the graphic!
Looks good and love the graphic.

Thanks, I feel like cobbling together the graphics is half the fun. My 10 year old would disagree with you on this particular one though :) So far I feel like I've been pretty lucky and I haven't had any major issues. I'm still sorting out my process and learning along the way. There's a large gap between being able to assemble these and actually knowing how they work, so I have a long way to go.

Robert

There's a large gap between being able to assemble these and actually knowing how they work, so I have a long way to go.

Robert
right there with you - I promised myself a one-and-done, and have already purchased and received my second PCB

o.0

I grasp how they work, but I don't have the knowledge of if I change a component for another value how does that affect the circuit.

This is my graphic on mine.
lWuUUXD.jpg

No problems assembling the PCB. The THAT4301 came from Mojotone (before they went OOS), everything else is from Tayda. I feel like the drill template (or my drilling) was just slightly off. I needed to tweak the LED a bit to get it to line up. Since I was using stereo jacks everywhere, fitting in the side chain ones was a little tight. I was worried about the unused contacts touching the IC, so I just snipped them off leaving the tips and switched tip in place. With those rotated toward the top, I don't think there's anything to be concerned about. I'm going to throw every damn 9v power supply I have out the window and finally buy a proper isolated one because once again there was random noise that I started trying to troubleshoot before testing with a battery.

Robert
Dig the artwork

Back