Muzzle Key Input Jack Question

fractal33

So I have a few of the jacks listed in the Muzzle build docs on order from Tayda, but I was wondering if I might be able to use some of these other switch jacks currently in my possession. The boards got here much sooner than anticipated and I'm anxious to get started on one (thank you PedalPCB you rock!).

Anyway these are the jacks in question: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00OVF27NI/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1
One lug is shorted to tip when unplugged to allow the signal to pass through, but when a cable is inserted the connection is broken only allowing the signal from the cable to pass through. I'm confused as to if this is the intention is with the key input, but it seems to me like this should work? If so, which tip is the "tip" and which is the "switch tip"?

Thanks!

Those should work.

The lug that is connected to the tip of the cable when it is inserted is the "Tip".

The lug that makes connection to the tip when no cable is inserted is the "Switched Tip".

Those should work.

The lug that is connected to the tip of the cable when it is inserted is the "Tip".

The lug that makes connection to the tip when no cable is inserted is the "Switched Tip".
Thank you sir! That is what I thought.

Back