My first Vero Amptweaker Tight Metal in a 1590b

dlazzarini

I thought for sure I was gonna be troubleshooting this thing but it fired right up on the first go. I didn’t even test it before I boxed it. This pedals quite the beast. I must say, pcb’s are much nicer. Now I’ve got to do the box. I usually finish the boxes first before I do the boards but I swore this wasn’t even gonna work anyways. Guess I was wrong. 2A0813E5-5DC0-45D7-A2FE-7FE74ABFFCF7.jpeg

Impressive. I made a tagboard one in a 1590BB (or 1590BBT? I forget) and I thought that was a squeeze.
It definitely took some foresight. I did end up having to move the dc jack from the top to the side. I don’t think I could have crammed another 2 wires under there plus i wasn’t so sure about added noise if I were to do that so I played it safe

The Vero layout is out there. The build itself wasn’t bad at all. You would have no problem fitting it in a 125b. The hard part was stuffing all of that in a 1590b
I've never tried Vero before; not sure where to start, but I think that would be a great circuit to start with. Any suggestions?

James Brown, the designer and head of AmpTweaker is the nicest guy, and brilliant too. He designed the original 5150 for Peavey, as well as the Rage 158 practice amp.

I've never tried Vero before; not sure where to start, but I think that would be a great circuit to start with. Any suggestions?

James Brown, the designer and head of AmpTweaker is the nicest guy, and brilliant too. He designed the original 5150 for Peavey, as well as the Rage 158 practice amp.
This was my first ever stab at it. I just researched a few good YouTube videos and dove in.

Nice work, Man. Good to hear it fired up right from the git-go. I'm always finding little solder bridges on my Vero builds.
I'm going to have to check that one out.

Nice work, Man. Good to hear it fired up right from the git-go. I'm always finding little solder bridges on my Vero builds.
I'm going to have to check that one out.
Thanks Chuck. I was very attentive while soldering because I recognized how easily a solder bridge could happen. I got close a few times

Back