Need Help with Duck Box pedal

wysiwyg

I just completed the Duck Box envelope filter and need some help.

Before describing the issue I should note that when the box is working properly, it sounds great. Good ‘quack’.

The issue I’m seeing:
  • If I power up the pedal with the effect/footswitch disengaged (bypassed sound is fine) and then engage the effect, the sound is barely audible but I can hear the auto-wah effect. I can sometimes ‘wake up’ the effect by striking the strings very hard (way beyond the dynamic that is normally needed to drive the auto-wah envelope) but not always.
  • Similarly, if I power up the pedal with the effect engaged, it works fine. But disengaging and reengaging the effect results in the same low volume issue.
  • More intermittent, but I can also reproduce the same issue when toggling the blend switch.
  • Even more intermittent, but I have engaged the effect and get more of a volume swell (not a filter sweep) with the highest volume level being slightly distorted. Weird…
I’m hoping this is all tied to a component issue but don’t have a good working knowledge of the circuit to even attempt to debug it. Attaching pics of the build for reference.

Thanks for any help on this one.

Attachments

• IMG_1794.JPG
    IMG_1794.JPG
    905.2 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_1791 copy.jpg
    IMG_1791 copy.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 15
Reactions: fig
Back