DEMO Neurocyton Pre Amp

This post contains an audio or video demo

jjjimi84

Here is this weeks pedal demo and of a pedal I had no idea I was going to like so much. I was really not thinking this would be all that great but I found with my Trinity amps 18 watt, I was getting some epic tones.

This puppy was built for @steviejr92 I had made him a mutron clone on a @cooder pcb;
OVXlkk2l.jpg
kW2eYs8l.jpg

And in talking to him about what art he wanted he had thought this image from Metal Gear Solid would have been a great choice.......

And I thought it would be on another pedal so this collaboration came about. He plays a Blues jr. which is kinda 18watt ish to me and I felt like it would be a great fit.

Also since I am the consummate professional I forgot to take pictures of it before I sent it out.

I am surprised I can even make videos some days.

I've been waiting on this demo!

Awesome man you make it sound better than i ever can 🤘. I told you before i use this in the front of my amp all the time now. This is actually the first time im getting to look inside of it now. Is it wierd i dont open up the pedals I get from others here on the forum? I tend to do that for some reason....oh and treat them like i found El Dorado or something :ROFLMAO:

I love how you use it here very very saturated! I tend to hang back a bit but after hearing this I think I'm going turn my PRES up a bit from not on! I just realized I might've been using this thing wrong this whole time 🤦‍♂️

I love the demo dude keep em coming!

I loved playing it and will build one for myself at some point! I am glad you dig it and the videos will be continuing for quite some time. Going to change up the format a bit but I think its starting to come together a bit.

LOL, I just built this last week, and I didn't know how to identify the "primary" for the transformer. I just checked my build report and OOPS, I have it backwards!

Thanks for pointing it out though--I didn't realize there was a dot on the pcb and transformer until your video.

Well, this transformer is a 1:1 ratio, so I'm guessing and hoping it makes no difference in this case. My pedal sounds fine so I think so.

Looking forward to see what you change up! This is a must have in your arsenal. I say go for it!

LOL, I just built this last week, and I didn't know how to identify the "primary" for the transformer. I just checked my build report and OOPS, I have it backwards!

Thanks for pointing it out though--I didn't realize there was a dot on the pcb and transformer until your video.

Well, this transformer is a 1:1 ratio, so I'm guessing and hoping it makes no difference in this case. My pedal sounds fine so I think so.
Well this is the most major change! After watching this video I decided to over haul things in a major way.

I hate this over head pedal cam footage. The camera i am using here is not for this and it shows. I now have a new iphone that is giving me great results with over head shots.

I am really happy it helped you but this footage made me delete everything and am starting from clean. The knob turning section is going to be shortened and i plan on doing a bit more of the build stuff.

You know what? I am just going to put out a video about the changes.

Back