New EQD pedals

Doppler

You may have seen strange esoteric teases EarthQuaker Devices made on Youtube recently.
Now we know, each card is a new pedal, not several effects in one. Witch means 12 new pedals, it's insane.

First one just have been revealed. I'm blown away.

And.... whaaaat ? They also do eurorack version of their effects ? o_O

Last edited:

Doppler

It's their new big push - the owner has gotten in to modular synthesis

I guess they thought about it listening synth users having fun with the Rainbow Machine and wanting it in their racks...
I am starting to DIY effects to build such a rack for guitars, I was like "Good, it will avoid me to buy pedals". Well, I guess I'm screwed now. XD

Neat. Very rich and expressive range of effects in that one pedal.
If I understand it well : 9 different chorus each sounding beautiful, + the ability to keep in memory 8 custom presets. It feels like they wanted throw a lot and also thought "let's find a way to not be lost". It's huge.

Looks like the start of a digital turn for them :p. I get the feeling I should start to learn to code if I wanna keep doing this hobby xD
Avalanche Run, Rainbow Machine, Spatial Delivery... they got a successful background on that front.
It makes me willing to learn that too indeed. I'm planning to build the Maestro FSH-1 but I guess I'll end up frustrated to not be able to exactly get what the Spatial Delivery is offering. But it's pretty hard thing, as it is an alliance of digital (with proprietary code) and analog, isn't it ?

Dali

😵

What the hell does THAT thing do?
Nothing by itself.

But with the Daisy Seed chip that is "flashable" with USB, your limit is your coding capabilities.

Full disclosure, I'm not a coder so I depend on the works of others. So far I've used these effects ported on Terrarium:

Reverb
Delay
Rythmic Delay
Filter Sample/Hold (known as Maestro FSH-1 or Oberheim VCF-200)

I also know about a distorsion using Terrarium but not tested yet.

What I meant to say is that while a clone of those new EQD pedals are unlikely, getting "weirder" stuff is now possible with Terrarium/Daisy-Seeds.

Info on Daisy-Seed: https://www.electro-smith.com/daisy/daisy

knucklehead

Nothing by itself.

But with the Daisy Seed chip that is "flashable" with USB, your limit is your coding capabilities.

Full disclosure, I'm not a coder so I depend on the works of others. So far I've used these effects ported on Terrarium:

Reverb
Delay
Rythmic Delay
Filter Sample/Hold (known as Maestro FSH-1 or Oberheim VCF-200)

I also know about a distorsion using Terrarium but not tested yet.

What I meant to say is that while a clone of those new EQD pedals are unlikely, getting "weirder" stuff is now possible with Terrarium/Daisy-Seeds.

Info on Daisy-Seed: https://www.electro-smith.com/daisy/daisy
alrighty then . . . . 🙃

I tinker with DSP programming, but almost all of that is GUI-based - I'ma get a look at the Daisy Seed stuff to see how/if it applies to my OTHER stuff.

Thanks!

HamishR

Looks like the start of a digital turn for them :p. I get the feeling I should start to learn to code if I wanna keep doing this hobby xD
I totally understand this comment but it represents the antithesis of what I like about pedal building. I view my electronics as being the Duplo in a Lego Technics world. My brain just couldn't get around coding, not in a million years! I struggle with anything more than two obsolete ICs in it.

Chuck D. Bones

I guess I'll hold down the analog end, I'm too old to learn all these new tricks
I'm a hard-core analog guy but I'm going to take a bash at FV-1 coding one of these days...

Speaking of the FSH-1, I know there is FV-1 code for the S/H function. Code for the envelope filter must exist as well.