No LEDR in Gravitation?

Kroars

I was just about to box up the Gravitation pcb when I happened to notice Robusto’s question about an apparent lack of an LEDR. It was mentioned that the LED indicator seemed to blink for a second and then turn off when pedal was activated. I double checked on mine and sure enough, same thing. Looking at the trace from the anode of the LED it seems to go straight to 1n5817 without going through an LEDR (4.7K resistor).

I’m hoping PedalPCB can clarify, but I’m the meantime I simply soldered a 4.7k resistor onto the anode of the LED and it worked as it should.

Attachments

• 9FCD3C1E-2ABB-44E3-99B9-F26F619E3BCE.jpeg
    9FCD3C1E-2ABB-44E3-99B9-F26F619E3BCE.jpeg
    471.6 KB · Views: 8
Oh no.... I apologize, this is unacceptable. Yes, the LED CLR was accidentally deleted from the board. 🤦‍♂️

I generally don't wire up the LED when testing prototypes, looking like I'm going to have to start doing that.

As a quick fix, you can either attach a resistor in series with the LED like @Kroars did above, or you can replace the "SW" wire with a 4K7 resistor.

1636300449820.png

Cool. Easy enough! I was afraid I was going to have to piggyback a resistor over an existing or do some crazy algebra to figure out what value to put between the led terminal and the switch. Out of the possible mistakes, this is much preferable. :cool:

Oh no.... I apologize, this is unacceptable. Yes, the LED CLR was accidentally deleted from the board. 🤦‍♂️

I generally don't wire up the LED when testing prototypes, looking like I'm going to have to start doing that.

As a quick fix, you can either attach a resistor in series with the LED like @Kroars did above, or you can replace the "SW" wire with a 4K7 resistor.

View attachment 18289
No worries at all! Thanks for the quick reply!! You guys are the best :)

Back