Oasis (EQD Dunes)

StephanCOH

Built on of those on saturday. I was looking for an OD to feed into my Fuzzly Bear Fuzz and fell in love with the sound of the EQD Dunes. I ordered the pcb before the new kit for the Palisades went up, but I'll probably stick with the Oasis/Dunes because of the smaller footprint.

Tracking down parts was easy. I used the LM833N from the partslist instead of the OPA 2134 which was printed on the pcb. I think about trying to swap it in the future but the OPA is rather expensive (found one for around 6 EUR) and I am not sure if this is really going to make a difference.

Building was super fun, the only tough situation was to solder the legs of the tone-pot to the already populated board.

It fired up on first try. Checked the sound with my home setup (Orange MicroTerrror and some different IRs, mid-90ies Gibson Les Paul Studio with Railhammer PUs) and it sounds wonderful. Greasy and thick overdrive sounds. The voice-, bandwith- and bright-switches really help to make it fit for a Les Paul. Going to check it at full volume with a large amp at the rehearsal space tomorrow.

No photo of the top of the box though. I had to drill freehand and two of the holes for the switches are a little to big. I tried to hide it witch bigger washers but I just have to be more careful when drilling.

Attachments

• 0ED19C6E-EE86-4452-AFF2-24B69020F0DA.jpg
    0ED19C6E-EE86-4452-AFF2-24B69020F0DA.jpg
    192.3 KB · Views: 10
Back